Kis-My-Ft2’s newest single grabs first for the fourth consecutive time since debut

Discussion in 'Japanese Entertainment' started by Jeff, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

[​IMG]

Johnny’s 7-member group Kis-My-Ft2, who celebrated their one year anniversary on the 10th of August, grabbed first place on the Oricon Weekly Singles Chart for the week of August 27 with their fourth single “WANNA BEEEE!!!/Shake It Up” (released for sale on August 15). Their single sold 285,000 copies in its first week after release.

This is Kis-My-Ft2’s fourth consecutive first place ranking, which started with their debut song “Everybody Go” (released for sale in August 2011). It’s a brilliant achievement for the group as such success has not been recorded since Hey! Say! JUMP’s achievement with their single “Mayonaka no Shadow Boy” 3 years and 10 months ago on November 3, 2008.

“WANNA BEEEE!!!” is the theme song for TBS’ ongoing drama “Beginners!” (Thursdays, 9 PM), which stars members Fujigaya Taisuke (25) and Kitayama Hiromitsu (26). “Shake It Up” is the opening theme for Nihon TV’s “Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou” drama (ended in June, movie adaptation to open in October), which stars member Miyata Toshiya (23). This was released as double A-side single.

Their current single exceeded their previous single “SHE! HER! HER!” (released in March, first week sales of 193,000 copies) in opening week sales by 92,000 copies, and it’s also Kis-My-Ft2’s first single to exceed 250,000 copies in the opening week sales since their debut single.

Source: Oricon via Yahoo Japan, Tokyohive