Kelvin Kwan Apologizes for Marijuana Possession

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by jazlynnyee, Apr 4, 2009.

1. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kelvin Kwan Apologizes for Marijuana Possession

Detained by police authorities in Japan for possession of cannabis (marijuana) earlier, Kelvin Kwan returned to Hong Kong last Saturday, March 28th. Yesterday, Kelvin held a press conference to publicly apologize for his marijuana use. With a haggard face, Kelvin uttered “Sorry” five times before the press.

Kelvin announced that the Japanese police have completed investigation of his involvement in the marijuana case. No criminal charges will be pressed. However, the records did not clearly indicate whether the marijuana found at the arrest belonged to Kelvin or his girlfriend, Jill Vidal, thus leaving many questions unanswered.

Kelvin also noted that he will take a long hiatus from the entertainment industry in order to reflect upon his past actions. He hoped that his girlfriend, Jill Vidal, who is currently detained by Japanese authorities, will return to Hong Kong as soon as possible. .

Accompanied by Executive Management, Kelvin Appeared Nervous

At the press conference, Kelvin was accompanied by the Universal Music’s Senior Vice President, a lawyer and seven staff members from his record company. More than 10 security guards were on site to maintain order amidst the presence of over 200 reporters. At 12 noon, Kelvin appeared in a black suit. Solemn and expressionless, he nodded to reporters upon entering.

The conference lasted for 10 minutes and the press was not allowed to ask any questions. The Senior Vice President of Universal Music addressed the press first, followed by Kelvin, who appeared nervous. He kept a tissue in both hands and frequently tinkered with his jacket. While restraining tears, he thanked his family, friends, and girlfriend, Jill Vidal.

No Criminal Record Left in Japan

"I apologize to the Hong Kong media, the public, family members, friends, and fans! Due to my detainment in Japan for the last month, it made a lot of people disappointed and sad. I am very sorry! I was able to come back to Hong Kong a few days ago because the Japanese authorities have completed investigation of my involvement in the case. The police released me and decide not to follow up with any prosecution. I respect the treatment by the Japanese authorities; the whole process was handled impartially. I would also like to thank my Japanese defense counsel, who helped me on this case.”

Becoming a Law-Abiding Citizen

Kelvin added: "During the investigation, I self-examined myself thoroughly. I realized where I was wrong and feel very ashamed and regretful. I am very sorry in disappointing my family and friends, my mentors, fellow Hong Kong artists, fans, and the Hong Kong media. Due to my case, several of my friends were implicated in false reports. My heart is very disturbed as a result of causing unnecessary distress to my friends.”

“After detained in Japan for the last month, I realize the importance of personal character and the value of freedom. Young people would worship and imitate their idols. After this incident, I hope I can educate the young people so that they value the importance of personal conduct and become law-abiding citizens. It is also important to cherish one’s health and life, while staying away from drugs.”

“As a singer and as an adult, I chose to assume full responsibility of my actions. I will become a better person and a singer with responsible character.”

Thinking of Jill With Tears in His Eyes

"I need some time to carefully review and restructure myself, thus I will leave my deeply loved career for a long time. I will complete my responsibilities to society and myself. Through time and concrete actions, I will prove my determination and efforts will make up for past mistakes."

With tears in his eyes, Kelvin said, "I would like to thank my family, mother, father, friends, company, colleagues and fans." Pushing back tears, Kelvin said, "My case made many people disappointed, but you still continue to love me. I am very sorry! As for Jill Vidal, I am sure everyone is very worried about her and hope that she can return to Hong Kong soon and unite with her family." At the mention of Jill, Kelvin paused for a moment to adjust his turbulent emotions.

Closing the conference, Kelvin said, "Finally, I would like to thank you for coming to this press conference, allowing me to thank you and express my remorse. I hope everyone will accept my apology!” Kelvin bowed down at a 90 degree angle for five seconds and then quickly left the meeting hall.

KELVIN KWAN'S APOLOGY VIDEO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lTWO8qMmM8

Source: Wenweipo
    Credit: Jayne @ http://Dramasian.com

2. gillian

gillian Well-Known Member

This is so sad...i love kelvin's music...y artist in hong kong is like this? if they messed up i dont get why they have to quit thier career? such a lost to hk entertaiment industry.