Kathy Chow and Eddie Cheung Return to Film New TVB Drama

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Sep 26, 2012.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

kathy-chow-eddie-cheung.jpg

TVB continued to invite former 1980s artists to film in upcoming dramas. Kathy Chow, Michael Tse, and Eddie Cheung will film a new law enforcement drama in December. Instead of portraying a police officer, Michael will put aside his well known “Laughing Sir” role and play a villain in the new drama.

Kathy Chow had filmed two dramas for TVB in 2009, E.U. <學警狙擊> and In the Chamber of Bliss <蔡鍔與小鳳仙>. Similar to former TVB artists, Kathy has been filming primarily in mainland China in recent years. In the upcoming new TVB drama, Kathy will be collaborating with Eddie Cheung for the third time.

Eddie Cheung started acting in TVB in 1982 and left in 2002 to focus on his film career. A prolific actor, Eddie has appeared in a steady stream of movies over the last decade in largely supporting roles. Returning to TVB to lead in sitcom, Till Love Do Us Lie <結.分@謊情式> last year, Eddie said that he owed favors to the company which had developed his acting career. “My first choice is to film movies. CTI has contacted me, but I owe favors to TVB.”

Asked whether he agreed to film another TVB drama in order to save the network from increased local competition, Eddie replied, “TVB does not need any saving!”

Eddie hopes to generate new sparks with Michael Tse in their first collaboration together. “Laughing Gor is so popular, why would it not be okay?” He added that he had good understanding with former costar, Kathy Chow, as well.

Creds: ihktv

2. 95prelude

95prelude Active Member

Very Happy. I love Kathy Chow.