Kara Hui thinks Benjamin Yuen has the potential to be a star

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Apr 13, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

10 Apr – If there is one TVB actor that has attracted Kara Hui's attention, it would be Benjamin Yuen, her co-star in "The Defected".

In an interview with Mingpao recently, the award-winning actress admitted that she had seen some of Benjamin's performances prior to their collaboration and believes that the actor has the rare quality that few stars have in recent years.

"I was a guest of honour at a Malaysian awards a few years ago, and he was nominated in some categories. I wanted him to win, but unfortunately he didn't. Working with him this time, he really didn't disappoint me. In fact, I admire his talent and dedication," she said.

Kara stated that she was in awe with Benjamin's effort in losing more than 20 pounds in weight in just a short time just to portray his role as a policeman with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

"An average person would not sacrifice that much. You could easily harm yourself. I hope he will win this year. He has done so much for the role and did it so well," she said.

credits: cinema/sg.yahoo