JSG Awards Top 5 & 3 Announced

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Tuesday January 10, 2006 Hong Kong

‘Jade Solid Gold Award Ceremony’ will be held on the 15th of this month. Yesterday, TVB announced the top 5 for the ‘Best Female and Male Singer Award’. In the list of 10, it featured not only, Andy Lau, Eason Chan, Hacken Lee, Leo Ku, Joey Yung, Miriam Yeung, Kelly Chen and Denise Ho, it also included 2004’s newcomers, Fiona Sit and Pong Nan, causing some surprise.

The top 5 ‘Best Male Singer Award’ nominees, not only include Andy Lau, Hacken Lee, Leo Ku and Eason but also includes Pong Nan. Pong Nan has beaten many male singers such as Jordan Chan, Alex Fong and Ronald to claim a position in the top 5. Two of his songs, ‘The World is Big’ ( 世界這樣大 ) and June ( 六月 ) have made it into the finals of receiving a ‘Top 10 Gold Songs Award’.

When talking about claiming a top 5 position, Pong says, “I am extremely happy. I have never thought that I could make it into the top 5. Winning the award is not important; I appreciate what I have now. I thank my fans and my company.”

As for the ‘My Favourite Female Singer Award’ not only did the 4 Heavenly Queens, Miriam Yeung, Denise Ho, Joey Yung and Kelly Chen make it to the top 5, Fiona Sit also claimed a top 5 position. Earlier, Fiona won awards at ‘Metro’ and ‘Chik Chak’. This time, she has defeated Twins, Jolie Chan and Toby Leung with her songs, ‘Boy Like You’ ( 男孩像你 ) and ‘Little Black and Me’ ( 小黑與我 ).

Claiming top 3 position, Fiona said, “I’m happy! Out of the top 5, I am the least experienced. I thank my fans for supporting me. Without them, I would have not made it to the top 5.”

There are many newcomers this year, so TVB have decided to have 2 newcomer awards- ‘Best Male and Female Newcomer Award’. For the ‘Best Male Newcomer Award’ the top 3 nominees are Justin Lo, Khalil Fong and TVB’s own, Ron Ng. Top 3 for the ‘Best Female Newcomer Award’ is Janice Wei, Ivana Wong and Kay Tse.

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/060109/60/1k9bu.html
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/

2. happy for Pong Nan :D underrated artist imo...

3. sir_denster

sir_denster Well-Known Member

Yeah, Pong Nan is definitely underrated. He's a good artist! And he studied at Georgetown in D.C.!

4. ukbutterflygal

ukbutterflygal Well-Known Member

i know this is a stupid question but who is pong nan??keke!

5. composer turned singer www.sonymusic.com.hk/pong/