Jolin leaves Leehom for new brother David Tao

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by hadouken, Apr 7, 2006.

1. 5.jpg

Jolin recently left SONYBMG for CAPITOL. Therefore she is no longer a “shimei” of Leehom and has now hopped on board the same company that David Tao is in. How will Jolin fit in as David Tao’s new “shimei?’ After spending so much time with SonyBMG, it may be hard to adapt, however after joining CAPITOL it seems Jolin is ready for what’s ahead. She has already put on a new look and had dyed her hair black.

Jolin Tsai
    Jolin made an impact with her earlier albums with remakes of such songs as “Don’t Stop,” and “Sunshine after the rain.” However, after some disagreement with her record company Universal, she was put on hiatus. It was not until 2003 that she made her mark in the music industry. SonyBMG signed Jolin, specially trained her, and gave her a totally different look, turning her into a “boy-killer”. SonyBMG’s release of Jolin’s album Magic, shot her to the top. However, even though SonyBMG bought her to fame, Jolin recently moved to Capitol Entertainment. Capitol Entertainment paid Jolin 100,000,000 NT for the move. Jolin is looking forward to the interaction and successes she and Capitol can make together.

Jolin and Leehom
    Leehom and Jolin have had a brother/sister relationship since Jolin came into SONYBMG. Since Leehom debuted when he was 19, by the time Jolin signed onto SONYBMG, like a big brother he helped her out. However the hardest time for Jolin undoubtedly was during the breakup/rumor session with Jay Chou. But Jolin had a lot of support from friends including Leehom, who was a phone call away, when she needed to talk. Leehom has watched over Jolin like a little sister and it’s a shame that the two will no longer be in the same company.

baby.jpg

Leehom and David
    When David first debuted, the media claimed that David and Leehom were “enemies and rivals.” However, to the dismay of many drama seekers, Leehom and David quickly became friends. David is from California, and Leehom is from New York and because they both spoke English fluently, their ease at communication aided their budding friendship. While the media pit the two talents against each other, Leehom and David respected each other greatly for their musical talents. Leehom even recorded part of his “Forever’s First Day” album in David Tao’s Los Angeles home. When David released his Black Tangerine album, Leehom quickly rushed to buy it. These two musical geniuses finally put their love for music together and collaborated in 2003 for the SARS Song – Hand in Hand. The song featured over 80 of the most prominent singers of the time. The two singers were able to compose, produce, arrange, and write lyrics for the song all in one day. They spent another few hours simplifying the song, after they realized that they had made the song too hard to sing for some singers.

Now David and Jolin are on the same team and they will compete against other singers, including Jolin's former "shi ge" Leehom.

Source
    Translator: Australapi

2. lidool_jennii

lidool_jennii Active Member

Leehom and jolin r brothers and sisters??.. never heard that b4...

3. lwmtang

lwmtang Well-Known Member

not blood brothers and sisters..just the relationship

4. chiehc87

chiehc87 Well-Known Member

hahaha .. the media love to spin everything.

if jay chou suddenly made a move to capital ... they probably would say that he's finally gotten feelings for jolin .. pffff hog-poshhhh

funny to read .. but never can be taken too seriously.

5. mvp56

mvp56 Member

All three of them are really good singers. And I think they can succeed with any company!

6. valkyrie_my

valkyrie_my Member

doesnt matter which company Jolin is. She's oredi so hot!

7. jykam00

jykam00 Member

yeah jolin always the best.....

8. YummyYing

YummyYing Member

compnay doesn't matter all i care about is songs lol music. All three of them rocks lol love all of their songs, espeically leehom

9. the chai

the chai Member

Lee hom so cool!

10. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

he has to watch where he puts his hand

11. angelic_soul

angelic_soul Active Member

Wow, the headline is bit exaggerated. Anyway, I wish Jolin luck over at CAPITOL with David Tao;] Well..who knows, maybe Leehom will go over and join them ;P

12. person

person Well-Known Member

Wow, I really don't care...
    Meh, Leehom is better... but I hate Jolin anyways, so I think everyone is better than her... =P

13. SupremeHK

SupremeHK Well-Known Member

^nooooo jolin is beautiful =) and her music aint that bad