Joey Yung Working With Ron & Sammul in New TVB Series

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, May 2, 2006.

1. Monday May 1, 2006 Hong Kong

Joey Yung as Hong Kong music industry’s heavenly queen, has a price tag of millions of dollars. But she will be working on a series for a ‘friendly price’ for TVB to thank the company.

Joey has worked on two TVB series between 2000-3, ‘Green Hope’ and ‘Not Just a Pretty Face’. In NJPF, Joey portrays an unattractive girl and has a love relationship with Roger Kwok. Due to the extreme work schedules, recording, promotion and filming, Joey ended up ill and had to rest for a few days before starting work again.

Despite falling ill once when filming, when TVB offered her the job, Joey agreed straight away. Joey expressed that she accepted the job to thank TVB for giving her all chances over the years and has nothing to do with the music award ceremonies.

The series does not have a name yet but it will begin filming in July. Due to the fact, the role Joey is playing (a policewoman) is especially designed for her, the diva is not worried. As for the leading males, TVB has chosen young siew sung, Ron Ng and Sammul Chan.

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/060430/10/1nfey.html
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/

2. 3riQa

3riQa Member

o.o i didn't like Joey's character, maybe acting too in Green Hope or Not Just a pretty face... i wonder how she'll do in this new series.. ROn Ng :] hotness~

3. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

Joey is a sucessful singer but acting not really good for her all her series not good at all especially Not Just A Pretty Face

4. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

I don't think I saw Joey Yung in any TVB series at all.. Glad she's gonna be doing a new one. Looking forward to it.

5. joycesays

joycesays Well-Known Member

eh... don't think i'll be anticipating that series even though i really like sammul. last time joey acted in a series she wasn't that great

6. Syreeta

Syreeta Well-Known Member

nice!!

7. bbloveuz

bbloveuz Member

Joey is my favorite singer, but I have to admit that her acting is not so good. I still look forward to her new drama since I am a very devoted fan of hers. ^.^ I hope she will advance herself in this upcoming drama.

8. luvgill

luvgill Active Member

look forward to it... see she got improve in her acting skill anot...
    support u JOEY!!!!

9. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

interesting, i wanna see her new film, and i wanna see how well she plays her role as a policewoman! One of the best singers, Joey Yung!

10. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

Yup. Love her song "My Pride."

11. azns7yle

azns7yle Member

hey.haha.hmm..she's not bad in TVB.lol.
    she should try a lil more acting. :D

12. johnjj

johnjj Member

i haven't seem any of her series yet, but would absolutely want to watch thme.

13. tamagodaisuki

joey isn't a good actor -she tends to be too exaggerating in her roles

14. lenachen

lenachen Member

I love Joey I'll watch anything she's in =)

15. blue_angel92

blue_angel92 Member

haven't seen joey in tvb series in AGES glad she'll be back =) and with ron and sammul! WOOTS =)

16. abbyprincess

abbyprincess Member

quite like Not Just A Pretty Face. esp "Go go go".

17. Jill

Jill Well-Known Member

Hmmzz...i just dont like joey yung acting....

18. kinni3

kinni3 Well-Known Member

YAY!! ill be looking forward to this series =)

19. derrick

derrick Member

izit? she acts good also...like the first show of tvb

20. Supra

Supra Well-Known Member

been looking forward