Jin - ABC

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by shinobi, Feb 10, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

1. ABC
    2. It's Hip Hop
    3. HK Superstar ft. Daniel Wu
    4. Speak Can't Read
    5. Ape Shall Never Kill Ape
    6. Yum Dum Cha
    7. Wai Wai One Bin Wai
    8. Instant Noodles
    9. 1997
    10. Whun Learn Chun

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

beats not that good

3. FiNa|DiStaNc3

FiNa|DiStaNc3 Active Member

hmmm its better than i expected. Idk tho, he doesnt rap about things he does in english and there's alot of stuff about food lol. But i kinda like it cuz its something new compared to most of cantonese music.

4. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

it sucks...he better in english. only the ABC was good.

he should mix it up a little. like all english, all chinese, mix english/chinese in the CD.

Rap about american life, chinese-amercian life, history (railroad) etc, etc.

5. larlarlar

larlarlar Well-Known Member

Hmm, I don't think the beat is good either. Not too interested in the things he raps about as well. I probably won't be listening to it again. Nothing special here, I prefer his english stuff to this (which isn't too great anyways).

6. i love the album other then noodles song dumbest lyrics but hey i listen to asian music all day and this is certainly refreshing from the love ballads.

7. joycesays

joycesays Well-Known Member

i was looking forward to this album but it's really not that good. i can relate to the things he's talking about but after listening to it i think some of the things are pretty dumb to be put in a song.

8. tstyle9

tstyle9 New Member

simple lyrics, some hooks are annoying but it grows on you. i give him props for trying. and like the previous poster said, its something new. i rather listen to a "abc" rap than a hk pop star doing it.

9. shijiko_7

shijiko_7 Member

Edison, MC Yan, Hanjin, LMF and FAMA .. and now Jin, He won a lot of prize in battle of MC and he is talented. No doubt.

10. SanGai

SanGai Well-Known Member

It's an alright album...the lyrics are rather weak, but I suppose that's to be expected considering he's an ABC. The strongest point of this album are the beats, which isn't saying much. I personally feel this was a desperate album with the numerous references to TVB, HK culture - Jin's really trying to connect with and find an audience.

Some of you mentioned how fresh this ABC rapping is...I don't suppose you're aware of the hip-hop scene in HK. There are plenty of hip-hop artists if you look hard enough - MC Yan, who hands down is the best lyricist in HK , for one.

11. tyt3azn4lif3

tyt3azn4lif3 Member

i'm kind of confused.. who'se da artist? JIN? hmm never heard of him.. or her... w/e is it n e good?

12. tyt3azn4lif3

tyt3azn4lif3 Member

um can n e one give mii n e bckground on this artist?? im not familiar with him or her

13. Li-thal

Li-thal Active Member

as far as the album, i'd say its pretty good, i agree wit sum of the stuff u guyz a re talkin bout but comin frum an ABC, its pretty nice. some of the stuff he talks about is pretty true and the beats by far east movement were really good hip hop beats, not like the repetitive commercial club beats or the horrible asian rap beats

14. Xx_Flora_xX

Xx_Flora_xX Well-Known Member

think the ABC is quite nice! but u'r rite, he doz better in eng than chinese rappin'

15. ippy

ippy Well-Known Member

I don't think the album was so good, not a good beat. Only like a couple songs, no you can say some of the lyrics i like. Because they where a bit funny.

16. anime

anime Active Member

The album is really great, but couple of the song i don't like. The song ABC I like the most.

17. Rui

Rui New Member

Can't I download this Album?

18. kamch68

kamch68 New Member

where can i download song

19. skywalka

skywalka Well-Known Member

are those his own pronunciations?
    cause if it is his canto pronunciation isnt that good