Jet Li wants to film MV Chou surprised & happy

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Saturday January 7, 2006 Hong Kong

Even the international known star, Jet Li, puts his thumbs up for Jay Chou's ability to direct MVs. Jet Li made a promise to the public that he would like to try acting in Jay's MV for free. This made Pres Chou, who boasts a lot, extremely happy and unable to hide the excitement in his eyes. He embarrassingly said, "I probably won't be able to do it!" Yesterday (6), the movie "Fearless" held its theme song release session in Hong Kong. Jet Li, Jay Chou "Double J" was onstage together again. They attracted a large group of media to interview them. The movie company even set it up so that the two people exchanged their martial arts book and music book to signify the combination of music and martial arts.

This is Jay Chou's second time meeting his idol Jet Li. The record company expressed, "when we first heard that the movie company wanted to have him work with Jet Li, Pres Chou impatiently rushed the staff 'to go talk about it ASAP.' Pres Chou usually goofs off and wastes time prior attending events. This time, in order to keep his idol from waiting for him, he was tidying up his appearance aggressively before the press conference." Not only that, Pres Chou who usually says things like "diao-la, Pi-la (the meaning is similar to BS)" acted like an obedient child (it is rare for Jay to act like this) as he sat by Jet Li at yesterday's press conference. Jay even paid special attention to the way he talked and acted and kept saying that he needs to learn his idol's modesty.

How much does Pres Chou love Jet Li? Not only did Pres Chou write the theme song for "Fearless," he even did something unprecedent -- he pretended to be a girl (made his the pitch of his voice like a girl) and sang really high notes in Fearless (the song). He obviously directed the MV himself. Besides editing the movie scenes, based on what we know, Pres Chou even designed many of the exciting contents. But Alfa refused to confirm this and told everyone that they will see it after they wait for a few days.

Jet Li is also happy in being able to work with Jay Chou. "I just want to transmit some positive views of life and influence even more young people through Jay Chou's music." Jet Li made fun of himself in being an idiot in music and jokingly said, "Jay Chou's singing speed is faster than my punch." This vividly describes his views of Jay Chou's music.

In having a chance to write a song for Jet Li's movie, Jay Chou said, "I felt lots of pressure and was even more nervous than making music for myself, but I suppose it's considered a sweet type of burden." Having a chance to work with his idol, he said, "It must be the best New Years present this year." Jet Li who has publicly promised that he will not act in another martial arts movie hopes to not be overburdened in his future works. He said that after seeing Pres Chou, who directed the MV for the theme song for "Fearless," "I see a rare type of ambition in him that someone my age doesn't have. I hope to act in one of Jay Chou's MVs if I have a chance, that is if he doesn't think I'm too old."

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.com/
    Translated by: CJay (www.jay-chou.net)

2. imisu

imisu Well-Known Member

aw! how cool. i love both of them

3. Fobstar

Fobstar Guest

thumbs up to them yea!