Jealous because girlfriend obsessing over celebrities

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by CuTeBuBleBeAr, Jun 1, 2014.

1. CuTeBuBleBeAr

CuTeBuBleBeAr Well-Known Member

My girlfriend likes to watch dramas and she would always talk about how cute and wonderful the main guy in the drama is. She even says she is jealous of the girl. It makes me feel so jealous and kind of sad. She seems so obsessed with those guys. I feel that she doesn't really love me then, and she doesn't seem to be stable.

She even said she wanted to meet this male celebrity so that she can die in peace.

I do think it is like cheating, I don't understand what right does it make even if its just a celebrity, they are still a person, why can't she be attracted to me only?
    I'm confused as to what to say to her? she might get offended at what I say
    i'm afraid she will have a go at me, and say that i'm controlling her life, and not allowing her to watch dramas or fangirl over celebrities..
    Also, she said that I feel sad because I don't admire anyone like famous people ??
    What do you guys think?

2. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

How old are you and your gf?

3. godslayer

godslayer Well-Known Member

sounds like she is underaged.something my classmates back in high school used to do

4. surplusletterbox

surplusletterbox Well-Known Member

Good question about your ages. If after 21 any one still strongly feel about idols and does not come down to basics, plain and simple time to move on. Film idols and celebrities are like Olympic medalists. There is one such person every million. There is no need to feel jealousy about a girlfriend. Through millions of years your ancestors had found a mate so why shouldn't you? No need to get jealous of any one.

5. CuTeBuBleBeAr

CuTeBuBleBeAr Well-Known Member

She is 21 and I'm 22. She says she is a fanatic by nature :/

6. sounds innocent to me imo, let her live her fantasy as long as she is with you and respect you then no harm done as we've all had celeb crushes too right? imo if you think a celeb crush is cheating then u need alot more maturing on your part but i can't say because i dont know the extent of her obsession.

7. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

Sounds like a situation similar to mine. But what I noticed is that when she acts like that toward me, she is just teasing me. Purposely trying to annoy me and get me worked up, which leads me to start teasing her back. She may say that she is crazy for Daryl (guy from Walking Dead), and how she wishes he can sweep her off her feet and take her away, but she doesn't really mean any of it.

So it's probably the same with your girl. She is probably just teasing you. Perhaps you're not giving her enough attention and that is her way of getting you to notice her a little more. Flirt with her a little more often and tease her back, be more playful.

8. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

You're fucking stupid.

You're REALLY fucking stupid.

9. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Depending how obsess she is, it can be annoying but you shouldn't be jealous of it and it's not cheating. If you have a major problem with it, than you can talk to her or just break up if it bothers you that much. You know she has no chance of hooking up with those celebs.

10. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

lol this is funny as hell. back to the topic, I believe this totally normal. I love celebrities as well, i mean who doesnt?
    celebrites are hot and not everyday people you see on the street. However, seeing them or being with them are two different things and concepts. people above me already said that as long as you two are together then that's all it is.

11. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Mashes Eject Thread button...

Leave while you still can!!!

12. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

1. She's not attracted to only you, because she's a human being and not an obsessed psychotic. People who are solely focused on just one single object of desire in life are generally psychologically sick. People who expect that are emotionally immature, selfish and possessive.

2. That is EXACTLY what you're tying to do.

3. I think you're immature, possessive, self absorbed and selfish. Here's a clue; the universe doesn't exist with you at its center, regardless of how fervently you wish it to be. My suggestion is to grow the hell up and realize that there will always be people in life better than you that those close to you will admire and desire. On the flip side, openly lusting for an unattainable goal (like a celebrity) is something rather benign. It shows that we recognize our place in the surrounding world, and that our minds don't live in vacuum.

But, on the other hand of course, if your GF is taking her wishes on the road, becoming a groupie who throws her panties onto the stage where "he" is performing at, or shows up at his hotel room after a concert; well, then I would really begin to worry. Seriously though, I'm surprised that you're 21. The level of emotional maturation and insecurity from which you speak seems closer to those that are younger. For the sake of your psychological health, I suggest you explore and review the benchmarks of Erikson's Stages of Development to see where you seem to fit in and the aspects of your emotional health that you need to work on.

#12 ralphrepo, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  13. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Translation:

14. reno

reno Well-Known Member

kids these days...

15. cailini

cailini Well-Known Member

PA is fucking hilarious :p
    rofling over this thread and its responses

16. Marshmallow_Boy

Marshmallow_Boy Well-Known Member

Yup, you're just being a bit selfish. Probably because you've never thought this through. Celebrities like these are meant to get fans to scream over them. That is a part of the entertainment business. My advice would be to respect her and let her have her own space. You can join her if you want, but you don't have to go crazy for him. Just support her. She says you don't admire anyone like famous people because you're controlling her a lot by not letting her do what she likes to do. You don't trust her, so she feels like you don't love her. I like Selena Gomez, but it doesn't mean I want to marry her because I may not be good enough for her. Just remember "people want what they can't have".<-- That's where jealously comes in.
    Hope that helps.

#16 Marshmallow_Boy, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  17. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Talk it out if it bothers you that much with her obsession. If things don't work out, then move on. Why jealous .. plenty of fishes in the sea.

18. PhY pHy

PhY pHy Well-Known Member

I'm 23 and I love male celebs. I confess I still have a little girls moment inside my head when I see thor shirtless.
    Maybe your not giving her the attention she wants thus sourcing out to celebrities?
    Though I wouldn't be the one to give advice. >.<

19. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

LMAO!

20. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

Never let her go to that celebrity concert. She will be waiting for him at the hotel door !