Jay Chou - Still Fantasy Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by shinobi, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Ukitake

Ukitake Member

He didn't really change the style of his new music, it was typical jay chouish, which is ok, but I was expecting something new, November Choppin' was better overall. I give it a 7.5/10.

2. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

i would definitely agree with shinobi that this was the most anticipated album of the year. however, in my opinion, it did not come close to my expectations. before i get to the critical comments, let me just make sure to say that although i was disappointed with this new cd, it is still by far one of the best asian albums put out this year. track 1-夜的第七章 had a haunting sound to it that made me too scared to listen to it at night (haha). but it is one of my favs on this album just because of the haunting hook to it. track 2 -聽媽媽的話 was by far my fav song on the album. although it isn't all that different from all of other jay's songs, i loved the lyrics. can't help but make me smile when i hear it. track 3- 千里之外 was the first single released from the album. i'm on the border with this song. it's part of my playlist on my ipod while i do my homework but i wouldn't say i love it. the remaining tracks on the cd seemed to be there to fill time. i swear that track 4-退後 is just a rearranged song of an old jay song. still fantasy is not even comparable to november chopin because november chopin is on a level unto itself. when november chopin came out, i had it replayed for 6 months straight. fa ru xue is still my ringtone because i'm not sick of it yet!!! so i guess on a scale of 1 to 10. i give it a 7 comparing to other cds i've purchased this year. but on a jay chou albums rating, i give it a 5.

3. hidden dragon

hidden dragon Well-Known Member

i think november chopin is better than still fantasy:p

4. mizzgirl

mizzgirl Member

i thought this album was not as impressive as november's chopin. but #8 is one of my faves.

5. ralliartlancerevov

ralliartlancerevov Well-Known Member

The album wasn't that great... I like Herbalist Manual and I also like Chrysanthemum Sill as well as White Windmill

6. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

just got it.. the truth.. nothing impressive.. but there are some ok songs!

7. littlebaby

littlebaby Well-Known Member

the album are really good

8. bigturtle

bigturtle Member

i like white windmill most!!!

9. angelz805

angelz805 Active Member

this this album is not bad...i really like track 01-3 and 6

10. spookyfc3s

spookyfc3s Well-Known Member

hmmm listened to it for a couple of weeks when it came out, now it's kinda boring and uninspiring. It's no November choppin'.

11. I initially didn't like it, but it just grew on me. About half of the songs are simple throw-away songs, though.

12. tazo

tazo Member

I love this album! My fav songs are faraway and Herbarlist's manual!

13. steviegno1

steviegno1 Banned

i prefer november chopin.but this album is quite good

14. stardust86

stardust86 Member

I liked the album! =) Just like any other Jay Chou album, there are songs I like and others I don't. So all in all, it was still a great album!

15. bell3442

bell3442 Well-Known Member

of all jays albums i was most disappointed with this one. everyone was talking about this and anticipating for it but when it came out i was speechless.

16. person

person Well-Known Member

10. 菊花台 Chrysanthemum Flower Bed (Ju Hua Tai

Favorite song on the album by far...
    I heard the song in, "Curse of the Golden Flower" loved it, searched and searched for the song and found it...
    Though I haven't listened to the whole album, from the songs I have listened to, I really enjoyed. But still, Ju Hua Tai is my favorite song on the album.
    I downloaded the album, and now I'm thinking about buying it.

17. hanllng

hanllng Member

nice album..support jay~

18. hanllng

hanllng Member

i love jay chou.....and also lee hom~if gal of course steply!!!!

19. shouli

shouli Member

alright album didnt really enjoy it those

20. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

great album but not as good as novembers chopin