Jay Chou - Still Fantasy Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by shinobi, Sep 8, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

Jay Chou - Still Fantasy [Released September 5, 2006]

01. 夜的第七章 Twilight's Chapter Seven (Ye De Di Qi Zhang)
    02. 聽媽媽的話 Listen to Mama's Words (Ting Ma Ma De Hua)
    03. 千里之外 Faraway (Qian Li Zhi Wai)
    04. 本草綱目 A Herbalist's Manual (Ben Cao Gang Mu)
    05. 后退 Retreat (Tui Huo)
    06. 紅模仿 Red Imitation (Hong Mo Fang)
    07. 心雨 Heart's Rain (Xin Yu)
    08. 白色風車 White Windmill (Bai Se Feng Che)
    09. 迷迭香 Rosemary (Mi Die Xiang)
    10. 菊花台 Chrysanthemum Flower Bed (Ju Hua Tai)

By far the most anticipating asian album of the year..... was it worth the wait? did Jay Disappoint his fans? give your opinion on the album...how does this album rate against his other hit albums in the past? Lets have elaborate discussion on the album....if you like it tell us why you like it which tracks what part and vice versa if you dont like the album etc...

I dont want to hear responses like "i like the album" "cool album" "jay rocks" be more elaborate and specific please.

2. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

http://www.karazen.com/viewartist2.php?id=Still Fantasy

chinese and pinyin lyrics for each track

Credits: Karazen

====================================

i found it to be a ok album, nothing too great =P, expected more, only liked a few of the tracks, prefer his old albums better

this is just my personal thought, we all have different music tastes :p

#2 小小, Sep 8, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  3. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

i agree... this album is not much of a breakthrough.nothing much new....i actually found some of the song boring...but there is a few songs tat he sticked to the old formula...guess he is not too bothered about a breakthrough....since his album sales is high anyway no matter wat comes out =p....what really disappoint me is the first song of the album....before the album came out...there was a leaked version of it with only him singing...i found tat version much more nicer and better, without tat irritating girl voice...just my thoughts.not sure if everyone agrees .hehe

4. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

yeh nothing too new, like a few songs, and only 10 songs.... I prefered his last album to this but then again i havnt listened to it a lot

5. I'm listening to it right now and its pretty good. Hes still kept his unique style ^^ But I think it could of been better >.<"

6. The only track i seemed to like is 03. 千里之外 Faraway (Qian Li Zhi Wai), it gives me a feel of new school and old school in the same track....if it was just jay by himself...wouldnt have been such a hit.

As for the rest of the album... its typical Jay chou material... same formula as the last 6 albums he did... it's sad that he doesnt challenge himself to write new style of music because with his knowledge of music i bet he could think of something great and fresh but he's too afraid to take the risk cause it might not sell etc... ever since his last album November's Chopin....i i didnt like anything he did... the fearless EP >_< seems like recycled melodies with different lyrics..... oh man i sorta went off topic... but yea... im dissappointed with the album.

7. sp-lork

sp-lork Well-Known Member

this was a pretty okay album and all but i still prefer november chopin. i totally agree with you shinobi, he doenst take the risk. i bet if he tried new styles or whatever it might do him some justice. i kinda expected more...

8. madkute

madkute Well-Known Member

I totally agree with u guys..Not that I'm totally hating on Jay, BUT....the album is ok....I love track 3, but I think track 2 which sounds something like he loves his mom, makes him sound like such a mama's boy-no offense....before the album came out, I thought it was going to be more hip....maybe it's cuz he's sticking to his own style...but should try to incorporate different things....like ballads, or rapping...maybe vivian hsu should be writing the lyrics instead......

9. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i don't mind this album. i really like track 2 and 6. really catchy..

10. asian-sensation

asian-sensation Active Member

not too bad...never been a big Jay fan anyways

11. babydevilz

babydevilz Member

Just listen this two songs only - 聽媽媽的話 and 千里之外

12. yapapa

yapapa Active Member

it's an ok album...i much prefer november chopin..

13. lawltank

lawltank Well-Known Member

I for one actually thought this album was better than November's Chopin. Though, November's Chopin did have some highlights. In November's Chopin, most of the songs on it had a mix of western/chinese materials in it. I didn't really like it. I remember seeing on other sites talking about November's Chopin when it first came out last year, most of the comments were saying something like "it was too boring" or "is Jay losing his style?"

The reason I like Jay is because I never get bored of his style of music. (This is probably one of the main reason so many people love Jay and his music) In other words, I can listen to it repeatively without getting bored...but November's Chopin was kinda a let down for me, after a while, I found it boring. I'm not saying it was the worst album because I still listen to some of the songs on it, but not as much as the songs from other albums.

I also don't think he should change his style, I think it'll make him look/sound really weird. Jay probably feels the same way too considering his still releasing albums with the same style.

Anyway, back on topic, Still Fantasy had a nice flow of music for me. In my opinion, it was different and similar to his other albums. Most of the songs had a good beat.

Songs I liked from the album:
    No.1 夜的第七章
    No.2 聽媽媽的話
    No.3 千里之外 (Ft. 费玉清)
    No.5 退後
    No.8 白色風車
    The rest of the songs on the album were ok to me, but I didn't really like No.9 迷迭香. Boring....and sounds lame. Lol...

14. Audrey

Audrey Member

I think the album is pretty good, the songs really stick to the jay chou style, nothing too suprising

15. another typical jay album, jay style... but i'm not complaining coz i like jay's style... the album is called "still fantasy" shouldn't that tell u there won't b much changes in his music?? in his 5th album (Orange Jasmine) there's a track called Grandma n in that song he said ppl r saying he's not making changes and his music is not surprising ppl anymore... which makes me wonder y does everyone expect him to make huge changes n breakthroughs every time?

so far in this album my favourite tracks r:
    01. 夜的第七章
    03. 千里之外 (Ft. 费玉清)
    06. 紅模仿
    07. 心雨
    09. 迷迭香

16. Li-thal

Li-thal Active Member

i liked novmeber's choplin better but i think he improved his prounciation a ton cuz its actually easy now to make out what hes ayin, plus i really like track 10 its real nice

17. *momo

*momo Well-Known Member

i don't really like this new album as much as the old ones even if it's harder to understand what he's saying in the older albums. i guess i just prefer the style he used to have... i liked his older music videos better too. (he had lots of bling in his november chopin vids heehee)

18. Taker

Taker Member

Still prefer his old album... this 1 kinda messy

19. Wukung

Wukung Well-Known Member

love it...

20. Jerjai

Jerjai Well-Known Member

the more you listen to some of the songs, the more you appreciate it such as track 3. Initially, I didn't like the duet, but then it sounded soothing as I listened to it more and more. My favs are #1,2,3,8. The rest are so-so, I realli missed the duet with Lara in November's Chopin