Jackie Chan too old to make movies?

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by kfong1, May 29, 2007.

1. tinatu

tinatu Member

2. starlights10

starlights10 Active Member

Oh I saw a new trailer call "Baby Sitter" or something. And Jackie Chan is in it. I think he's still good at the comedian part. The action is still not bad. I guess as someone said before, age doesn't really matter as long as they are entertaining. lol.

3. kawaiicute

kawaiicute Active Member

Kind of...but people still waiting something from him anyway...

4. kenwaiy

kenwaiy Member

yes jackie is too old he should semi retire. and do less or no fighting movie

5. rotizai84

rotizai84 Active Member

Yeah.. me too will support Jackie Chan...

6. i think that's for him to decide. he seems to make more comedies that action now...

7. logic123

logic123 Active Member

The spy next door does not seem like his work. What about the movie "The Karake Kid"?

8. hellot90

hellot90 New Member

lol...yes. He is not young now. He should change his movie from action to others.

9. axelto

axelto New Member

it is a very good movie i like it very much its is the best i have seen

10. Woody

Woody Well-Known Member

Sammo Hung is about 3 years older than Jackie Chan, and Sammo still acts.
    There are always roles for older fighters.

11. ballsmyberries

ballsmyberries New Member

jacky chan, his stuff getting more and more routine. nothing special already. i find sammo newer flick are better than his.

12. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

last Jacky movie i saw was that spy one where he likes that woman with the 3 stupid kids. i managed about 30 mins then turned off cus it was garbage.

13. Itoh

Itoh New Member

I think he's still good... as long as heI think he's still good... as long as he stays away from Hollywood. His Chinese movies are still impressive. stays away from Hollywood. His Chinese movies are still impressive.

14. louis87

louis87 Well-Known Member

jackie star in a new movie lately....
    compare to few years back... his fights now.. is not that good....

15. Awareness

Awareness Active Member

Age is not a problem, he would impress me more. In fact in the magnificent Butcher there were two older guys, for example.
    Sorry to say but a fat Steven Segal does not impress me, so and so a little.

Jacky Chan should now get more down to earth and play just a little more of a serious role.
    There is an old movie of Spencer Tracy, Which Mr. Tracy plays a wonderfull role as a man with hidden fighting qualities(Japanese martial arts)
    This may be an idea for a fighting movie, and especially Mr. Chan. As I can remember the movie was more of a movie with character, and not a fighting movie. Find out what the movie is called , if you can.
    Anyways about this genre america is losing it's touch.
    Americans always had something with raising children up, now its cheap brutal revenge bash his or head in.

#75 Awareness, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  16. tinywarrior

tinywarrior Active Member

I am a huge fan of Jacky Chan too. For someone like him, doing martial arts is like a sport, he can't stop. And people with that kind of training each day they stay healthier.It's still up to him, but hope he can stay as long as he can :D

17. KingPin

KingPin Well-Known Member

Jackie's past his prime, and lets be honest the guy can't act. Has he ever starred in a movie in which he doesn't punch or kick someone? He's a stunt man not a thespian.