Is smoking cool for you ?

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by hendri.kusliawan, Nov 6, 2007.

1. I begin first, cool act for some occasion, but if i smoke too much, i got dizzy and uncomfortable appetite :p
    -tongue2

2. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

No...smoking is not cool. People that are inconsiderate smokes, everytime I see someone is smoking, I would really want to punch the guy in the back of the head. Especially those who blows there smoke and gets into my face and espefcially woman that smokes. >=[

3. skid

skid Well-Known Member

no i don't really smoke

though my friend brought in one of those Arguily things into training last friday and we smoked that...
    for those that don't know, it's those lebanese flavoured tobacco thingos, kind of like a bong lol
    was a pretty random night hah

4. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

I love aussieee.....cuzzz its not allowed to smoke in restaurants and clubs
    meaning i wont smell like cigs after going out....which is great!

LOL@ "cool act"
    i dont think its "cool" at all....i mean if ya wanna do it be my guest...but dont think u look cool when u smoke
    cuz it aint true :p

Lol....hate it when im trying to enjoy my dinner and ppl at a table near me is smoking....ew

5. well that's for the inconsiderate smokers :) But I smoke just in the smoking area, otherwise i would be punch by you LOL -clapclap

Oh come on ..... some non smoker must have a little tolerance here, not smoking in a club ? better stay at home then heheehehhehe, but seriously ..... at least some "night" public places such as bar, club, should allowed people to smokes. In a restaurant yes, because people are eating, but in the club, we have some fun :)

6. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i dont think its cool...i think its stupid..no offense..i mean u hear about all them effects that can and will happen if u smoke..pple know this but they still do it...why???

and what about passive smoking? i dont mind if pple smoke..as long as it aint near me..

but i'm glad London has the no smoking policy in all public places..

7. MissCheekS

If smokers wanna smoke well than do it.....im not against smoking at all....i just choose not to do it myself
    & since i dont...tell me why would i wanna be a victim of passive smoking?
    i already do too many unhealthy things :p

i must say i feel happy about the fact that the australian goverment decided to forbid ppl to smoke at clubs & restaurants.
    They have very nice balconies with heaters for the smokers...;) -flow

&& btw:
    yellow teeth & bad breath....not charming

8. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

No.

I do not consider throwing away my money, and decreasing my lifespan cool. No offense meant to you of course :\

9. there used to b a smoking area in some clubs n pubs... it's usually in the poker machine room... until last yr to COMPLETELY banned smoking indoors... including night clubs... if they wanna smoke they'll have to go outside n then go back in when they're done... i love syd!!!

but sometimes i do find some girl incredibly hot with those really thin cigarette in one hand... too band i don't smoke... i can't stand the smell... i dated a smoker n it was horrible... even tho i always make him smoke outside the car n chew gums/mints before coming back in... the smell's all over his clothes n hair... ewww...

10. kids who stand in front of schools to smoke are pussies.

11. oh yeah... kids smoking in school uniforms always bugs me... i used to know a guy who goes through at least one pack of ceggies a day but he said he would NEVER smoke in his school uniform... i almost had respect for him when i heard it...

12. adults smoke because some of us need a stress reliever..

kids smoke because they want to look cool.. in fact, oblivious to them is that they are becoming losers.

13. MissCheekS

awww...yeah its yuckie...
    one of my ex bfs used to smoke....its just so gross...
    i had to come up with this rule...
    no kissing if hed smoke before seeing me or during our hang out....
    it was just too gross....

14. stress reliever is just an excuse... they're addicted... meditation is prolly a better alternative to stress relief...

i've been told the stress level r lower on those who don't smoke...

@ angie... yeah... it's like kissing an ash tray >.<

15. gengwank

gengwank Well-Known Member

the non-smokers have low stress levels...thats probably why they dun need to smoke to relieve their stress?

thats probably why smokers smoke, because they've got higher stress levels and need to de-stress :D

16. imo smoking is supposedly cool when you smoke before your legally allowed to, then its like "wow look at that young anarchist with a fag in his mouth" then after that phase it just looks like a nasty habit/addiction.

17. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Smoking has the sex appeal of a freeway accident. We can't help but look, feel bad about the losers, then move on, secretly happy that we are not the spectacle.

And there way too many things one can do to actually BE cool instead just ACT cool, if you want to be anarchic or whatnot, be an activist or something. Cool is not giving in to peer pressure but to tell them to frag off, unconcern about looking "uncool"

If you do something because you think it looks cool, you already lose the battle because imitating isn't cool at all -tongue2

18. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Cool?not at all...I had guys who smoke for that reason...

19. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

lots of people smoke TO supress their appetite, so they can lose weight
    lost of stars do it for that reason

honestly I use to think it looks cool
    but i'm totally turned off by the smell

and then knowing all the bad stuff that comes with it
    then i start thinking people are stupid for risking their health and wasting their money

20. non smokers "de-stress" by solving their problems... once it's done... stress gone~~

smokers rely on nicotine to regulate their mood... n once it wears out they need another one... but problem still there... stress still here... -sleep