iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by kellychen4ever, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

not saying u can't top them, saying they're comparable... to say one is inherently better is a little narrow minded no? i mean, if you run macs because ur office runs macs, ur gonna prefer rolling with ios rather than android...

2. I agree with you 100%. In fact, to be honest I don't have any quarrels with using Apple products for valid (personal or business) reasons. I don't have any problem with Apple itself, as they are in the business of making money. I would do the same if I were them.

My biggest gripe is with some of its users, making statements that are obviously exaggerated and uneducated. For example, if someone starts talking about, say, software, when they don't have any business in talking about them and make inaccurate claims.

Anyway, getting too passionate. LOL.

3. Vincent138

Vincent138 Active Member

it is not about how faster how better the spec are but it is all about the OS since ios is better than android.......................
    if it was about the spec why not campra nokia in it before iphone nokia and sonyerrcassion were way a head apple in phone

4. Lmao this is exactly the bullshit I'm talking about. No explanation as to why A is better than B. Is it written better? Is the performance better? Based on what requirements?

I'm getting the hell out of here lol

5. mtr852

mtr852 New Member

I seriously think Apple uses their marketing to make people think the iPhone 5 is a completely new phone, usually Apple fanboys don't look deep into the specs. Not a whole lot of difference comparing to iPhone 4/4S.

6. Choy1314

Choy1314 Well-Known Member

Haha i work in a phone industry (Phones 4u) in the UK. i see customer day in day out.... some of the comments they give about Apple are very funny and some just hate the products. people come in they either ask for an S3 or 4s. Simple FACT Apple iphone is just a very expensive fashion accessory just get what suits you.

if you need a phone that does NFC and your going to link your bank cards that has NFC then get a phone that does NFC. yes the S3 does alot of fancy stuff such as pop out screen so you can watch your movies in a small box while you can look at your email or send your text and still be able to watch the movie in a size that you might aswell just pause the damn thing.

i always look at a Apple Iphone is a subaru impreza as it will last longer meaning the apple iphone will hold value.

the other hand samsung is a mitsubishi evolution they sell more but value will drop.

again Apple dont own any of the parts they get them through 3rd partys such as samsung panasonic ect.....

they look at every aspect on the product and just improve it. they use expensive parts on teh phone to hold the value.

to sum things up just get the phone that suits your need dont hate just respect how each company do there stuff.

7. bbes

bbes Incredible

I think that apple are perhaps starting to lack innovation. The iphone5 will sell lots but it could be the start where we see apple's shares slowly drop in value because at the moment I think they are overvalued massively and no company will be able to sustain this value over the long term.

Anyway the iphone5 does look pretty good. Whether it warrants an upgrade from the previous model or even the iphone4, I would say it's probably not worth it and that makes sense really. But for someone who has not owned an iphone before, I think this will be a pretty good device.

Saw the samsung advert and even though it may be technically better, I'm sure that the large screen will not suit everybody's needs and as I actually think the 4 inch screen probably appeals to more of the masses.

8. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

you have got to be havin' a dig... there's nothing i can think of that ios can do that an android can't... the only bonus points i may give to ios is Siri, if you actually use it(which from where i can tell, not many)... android has voice rec + search, but not as well put together... even then, i wouldn't clear cut ios as the winner...

9. They did, look up videos on 'S Voice'. You'll see some reviews that actually compare S Voice and Siri, and their abilities/performance. S Voice topped out.

Also, Apple fanboys' reply to the Samsung ad:

[​IMG]

Notice how everything they say is "coming soon". In other words, it doesn't exist lol.

10. person

person Well-Known Member

There's nothing impressive about the Iphone 5. I was never an Apple fan to begin with, and I'm glad I never opted for one of their products. I recently migrated to Rogers and got the S3, my first smartphone. And I have to say, greatest decision I've made for phones.

11. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

svoice only on s3? would be interesting to try on my n7...

12. It's for Jelly Bean devices. If you can get Jelly Bean on your phone, it'll have S Voice.

13. kevin

kevin RAWR!

wow at that unedited Samsung ad.

14. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

Yup, only on Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II. You can probably find the apk somewhere and try it though, not as fast as Google Now, Google's version of voice assistant.

S-Voice is actually Samsung only app from what I know, only Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II have S-Voice. Jelly Bean have Google Now which is actually, I would say much more responsive and faster than S-Voice.

15. Oh is that so? My bad, I thought S Voice was integrated in Jelly Bean. Thanks for the clarification.

So Aoes, it's Google Now lol. My bad.

16. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

google now doesn't like my voice on my n7 T.T

17. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

S-Voice is probably not any better...

18. boiboi67

boiboi67 Active Member

LOL

haha

Please...

Do you understand what you are talking about?

Do you have any idea at all?

Back it up and I say your right! (which I think you won't be able to...maybe you tell me something like...it has icons...it has apps...it has youtube...it has email...LOL) and trust specs means alot... iphone users do care about specs but they just do not understand specs and only think iphones have the best specs on a smartphone!

19. slaser

slaser Well-Known Member

Sorry. I wasn't aware Google sold music & movies. I never seen any advertisement for their playstore. When I want to purchase music/movies, iTunes & Amazon.com comes to mind.

Yeah...antenna gate was bad. Jobs and his ego certainly didn't make a engineering flaw any better.

Very impressed with the iphone 5 build video that was released. Mating aluminium and glass, measuring down to micron tolerance, and diamond polished chamfers.

20. slaser

slaser Well-Known Member

Evolution - a process of change in a certain direction.

When I mean ecosystem I meant the entire Apple community.

Apple is not a software company. Google on the hand is. I use Gmail, Chrome, Google Maps, Youtube on my mac and windows pc.

Yes; you are passionate. Adds more life into this forum. :)