Internet Radio setup on Roberts Stream 83i

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by RobCole, Aug 14, 2016.

1. RobCole

RobCole Active Member

I am trying to add a few Hong Kong radio stations on my internet radio without success.

The stations I am interested in are as follows:
    • Metro Music Digital (DAB+ OFDM 220.352 MHz, Channel 12)
    • Metro Life Digital (DAB+ OFDM 220.352 MHz, Channel 13)
    • Metro Info (FM 99.7 MHz - 102.1 MHz)
    • Metro Finance (FM 102.4 MHz - 106.3 MHz)
    • Metro Plus (AM 1044 kHz)
    My Roberts Stream 83i uses the Frontier Silicon Portal which does not have these stations to select. However I have to add them manually by getting the url of the streams.

My old internet radio (which I given away) used the Reciva portal which had these stations to select.

I have so far used URL snooper 2 which doesn't work.

Next I tried Wireshark which did provide me with some results:

Destination: 23.62.2.163

Protocol: HTTP 531 GET /i/dab3_h@349803/index_48_a-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on HTTP/1.1

I tried putting in the url like this: http://23.62.2.163/i/dab3_h@349803/index_48_a-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on

it doesn't work.

Can someone please recommend a better program OR better still give me the exact URLs of the stations.

Thanks in advance.

2. RobCole

RobCole Active Member

Oh another thing for the past few days I can not connect to any of the RTHK stations on my radio or web based on my PC.

Does anyone know why this is?

3. RobCole

RobCole Active Member

Looks like RTHK has changed the formats of their streams to MP4a which my Radio does not support. Also it seems Metro are using MP4 as well.

Be careful when buying an internet radio and check if they provide regular software updates.

Mine does not seem to want to update. I am stuck on the first revision. Every time I go to update it says I have the latest version which is a lie.