Internet Fan Wars : Jay V.S. Rain

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by KrAznGirl, Nov 16, 2005.

1. KrAznGirl

KrAznGirl Well-Known Member

I know this isn't new but thought it might be intresting

Source: www.orisun.com
    Translation by: Chandie (www.jay-chou.net) + soompi

The competiton between Taiwanese heavenly king Jay Chou and Korean pop Prince Rain has taken a new form, from 'fighting' over spokesmenship of various companies, to two groups of internet fans fighting over their idols, using very harsh and vulgar wording.
    A fan who deemed him/herself as a loyal Jay fan counted five big crimes Rain 'committed' on the net, saying, 'Using evil tactics to take away Jay's ad campaigns', attacking his physical looks saying, 'He has horrible looks', 'Tiny Eyes' (um, hello, Jay has tiny eyes too?! ), 'Unsightly singing and dancing', 'Super Hateful' and even with rude words 'X you Rain!'. Some even went to extremes in boycotting the products he is now endorsing.

The powress of Rain has been expanding uncontrollably in Asia, and even since he joined the Pepsi stable to join Jay to be a 'Blue-blooded person' there have been rumours about fierce competition. When DHC admitted to 'Giving up Jay for Rain', Rain has already become Hate Target #1 amongst Jay fans, and again Rain has replaced Jay with a $400 0000 HK fee for endorsing One2Free. This instantly sparked atrocity between the two legions of fans, and the fight on the internet has been getting harsher and harsher.

Manager is not responding

Even Rain and Jay's respective companies, managers, and the three companies (Pepsi, DHC, One2Free) have sadly become criticism targets. Internet forums have been mainly focusing their attack on how Rain has been taking Jay's campaigns one by one incessantly. The fans have become emotionally very involved, complaining about how Alfa is not doing its best to protect Jay's contracts and just letting them slip by one by one, and also writing essay-length criticisms on how Rain and her manager have used inethical tactics to 'steal away' Jay's contracts, also vowing to stop using the involved products.

The webpage caught in controversy
    [​IMG]

2. go jaaaaaaaaay!!

3. KrAznGirl

KrAznGirl Well-Known Member

yes GO JAY!

4. AirMach3

AirMach3 Guest

jay is way better! who the hell is rain?! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE RAIN!

5. AirMach3

AirMach3 Guest

rain sucks

6. AirMach3

AirMach3 Guest

jay is better

7. vickie

vickie Member

i like rain better! iono, somehow jay looks...sleepy?! lols, but i like his songs!=)

8. remix

remix Guest

Two words: Rain sucks.

9. ukbutterflygal

ukbutterflygal Well-Known Member

no he doesnt :nono:

10. tnch

tnch Active Member

i listen to jay's songs.. but ienno about rain

11. bigpapa bEn

bigpapa bEn Well-Known Member

who's RAIN ?

12. genna

genna Guest

I'm not really a fan of Jay's, but I would choose him over Rain any day, I love his songs. It's normal for fans to react that way I guess, but it's really useless to argue on the net. Plus people would just see Jay Chou fans as immature teenagers xP

13. Mastermagic84

Mastermagic84 Member

Even though i seen both rain and jay act and heard both Rain and Jay's Songs i think Jay by far is better with his first couple of albums but to recent date Jay's Song aren't that great and Rain is on the Rise... Still my choice is Jay

14. fupoki

fupoki Guest

well jay has his awesome songs and rain is too cute when he's acting (especially full house) yea they're equal on my list =P

15. mizsmiley

mizsmiley Member

well..i think i'd have to choose Jay!!! his songs are soo good! Rain...don't really know him, never hear his songs or seen him on tele!

16. imisu

imisu Well-Known Member

i'm not a fan of Rain's singing, but that's because most of his songs aren't my style. As an artist, I prefer Jay to Rain, but Rain is way better at acting than Jay in my opinion. It's kind of pointless to have internet wars over personal preference, it's silly. But I do guess it's natural for fans to get defensive..hah