Importing terrorists?

Discussion in 'Current World News and Events' started by ralphrepo, Mar 24, 2016.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

One of the more interesting arguments that is happening in the US today is the question or resettlement the Syrian refugees vis a vis terrorism. On the one hand, some would say that there may be terrorists hiding amongst them, while others decry that the majority of these aren't terrorist and we shouldn't lump them with the bad.

Here's an article on just why, the exclusion of entire ethnic communities, exactly like those composed of fleeing refugees, should be avoided at all costs.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7677/belgium-jihadists#

In essence, since most of us are Chinese, I'll use our culture as an analogy; Chinatown. In just about every Chinatown today, there is a hotbed of discussion between the Falun Gong sect against the PRC government. Falun Gong, as most people know, claim to be a peaceful following whose purpose is spiritual and personal holistic enlightenment, while the communist party decries them as subversives and have brutally put them down for years. Most non Chinese don't know about this drama and don't care. But what if Falun Gong wasn't peaceful, but instead became a militant group that funded insurrection in China?

My point is, these groups drawn strength and even if not directly supported with arms and money, are nonetheless nurtured by their fellow diaspora in other means of material support. I'm sure the same happens across other communities and their own politically driven causes too.

Thus, taking essentially a neighborhood (minus the houses) that was situated yesterday in Damascus, and resettling them today in downtown Brooklyn, is not going to produce an American neighborhood. Rather it's going to keep the majority of the Syrian flavor, including all the bad politics of that part of the world. One or two bad guys, cannot do much. But transplant them with their entire world into our own back yard, and what we've done is implant an enemy Trojan Horse directly into our soft underbelly.

IMHO, our own sense of humanity is the terrorist's greatest asset.