[IMPORTANT] Megaupload file-sharing site shut down [IMPORTANT]

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by kdotc, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

2. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

is LOL to see how people calling this/that BS because they can't do illegal things they want to >.<"

3. KaiFung

KaiFung Well-Known Member

has anyone been using/ heard of 115
    been using it for a while now, the speeds are decent, alot faster than all these ddl sites shutting down.
    id usually search for 115 links if there were no mu links.

4. wingli

wingli Well-Known Member

i opened a megaupload link just a few days ago and i coudn't believe this site has been shut down........what abt all these link????
    getting arrested oh noooooo
    hopefully they will be free very soon

5. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

Downloading is legal in a lot of countries and if I'm not mistaken you said it yourself :) Anyway, what about all those legit users that were using it for business, personal backups, etc ? I can understand that they can shutdown a site after a court order, but even before going to court ??? You would think that we all live in some kind of police state and that we only have the illusion of freedom and democracy.

6. fafeifa

fafeifa Well-Known Member

when the ship sinks, the rats are the first one to jump

7. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Personally, I think the studios just shot themselves in the foot. Here was a free pipeline into the mass market, and instead of capitalizing on it, they decide to shut it down because they're still clinging to old two dimensional business models. What I foresee in the immediate future is that sales of DVD and other media related ad revenue will actually decline. The point is, the free word of mouth that the net provided is now silenced. Very popular hits, which do command high prices for advertising, will no longer be as popular as less people will actually watch.

But this is a beast that is too lucrative to kill. Eventually, it's going to become a mob controlled resource like drugs. That is, anything the people want that the government doesn't want you to have will eventually be supplied by criminal enterprise.

8. tjsye2

tjsye2 Well-Known Member

anyone used anonyupload yet?