[IMPORTANT] Megaupload file-sharing site shut down [IMPORTANT]

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by kdotc, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

What's the affiliate program about?

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

means that they stopped paying their uploaders and had been deleting files from users that they think had copyright infringement violations.

3. tjsye2

tjsye2 Well-Known Member

Filesonic is down as well. Look like most site will be shutting down their sharing feature soon.

4. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

filesonic and uploaded are down. The end of file sharing? Interesting times ... will the whole phenomenon find its way to survive? or will it die with the head (Megaupload) of the snake chopped off?

5. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

Anonymous
    [video=youtube;5LlaF2AoL-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5LlaF2AoL-o[/video]

6. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

I kinda expected this to happen soon or later considering many uploaders are effectively making money on other copyright holder's work; it's a wonder they haven't dealt with this sooner. They are already raging on copyright infringement on their work by scene releasers and now they have to deal with an average user being able to make a living on their work that they don't rightfully own.

Sharing isn't like it was in the past; from the looks of things most uploaders from filehosts are doing it for the extra cash but thinking about lol it like double infringement - most scene realeasers acquires source then uploads without profit and finally multiple users take their work (rips, music files etc) and uploads them for $$$$ :trollface2:

So doesn't surprise me at all that all this is happening with the filehosts especially those with reward programs =p

I doubt this will be the end of filehosts though unless the same uploaders are just doing it for the $$$$ but torrents will never die plus adding to usenet, there is also xdcc =D

7. hmmm me stupid ... will need to look into xxdc

i know what you mean though 小小, too many out there making extra $$$ by uploading only to filehosts that allow them to make cash from their uploads... but for us it's purely so we can have series/things to watch/listen to -tongue2

8. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

9. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

They pretty much made FSC useless, can only d/l my own files, can't d/l others files and share with others.

Tomorrow is going to be a bit crazy...

10. Phantoman

Unless you share your account with people I guess :) Anyway, I wiped out all my files (as-in getting rid of the evidence). So it's a better alternative than with MegaUpload where you didn't even get a chance to do that.

11. Phantoman

And http://uploaded.to has been disabled for US users. Man, this is just like watching a good old soap :)

12. ayeitzsim114

ayeitzsim114 Active Member

This is bullshit..my life-time megaupload account is gone for good =/

13. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I was thinking about that too but would it not raise suspicion as to why you're downloading your own file so many times and on a different IP address? I just wiped out my files for Mediafire (music/mv), a total of 15 files. Not a lot nor was it a hard decision to make.

Just to let you know, regardless of removing the files it will still be remained on the internet database. Hence it is not possible to remove the evidence as there will be a track that states when and by whom deleted the file. This is quite similar to forums, they are able to retrieve the files that has been deleted. I would say this is like a backup.

Ahhh sounds deep still.

---------

Raised by one of the users in the previous page, yes that's true it's not fair to drag legit users down too. They done nothing wrong, so why should they suffer. I would believe the law are like teachers, if an anonymous student do wrong the whole class suffers unless that student is revealed.etc

14. tjsye2

tjsye2 Well-Known Member

MY MISTAKE.

#94 tjsye2, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  15. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

http://www.fileserve.com/

don't scare people..i cleary see it up and running perfectly as of now

16. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

^it is down, when you try to download from the filesever, it doesnt work. my lifetime membership for filesonic is useless now

17. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

thats for Filesonic but not for Fileserve

18. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

fileserve officially dead like filesonic

19. ... man they're dropping like flies.....

shits getting ridiculous.. :facepalm:

20. tjsye2

tjsye2 Well-Known Member

I thought my initial comment about Fileserve was wrong. Look like I was right. FBI move on megaupload scared away all of the other filesharing website.