[IMPORTANT] Megaupload file-sharing site shut down [IMPORTANT]

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by kdotc, Jan 19, 2012.

1. all the other sites give me crappy ul speed...bring it back D:

2. wilsonli

wilsonli Well-Known Member

Anonymous hacked in MPAA and RIAA sites in response of the shutdown of megaupload and also they hacked into the White House, FBI and other goverment sites....Cyber War is on!!!

3. slaser

slaser Well-Known Member

They won't lock the users up. It will cost too much $$$. It is likely users will be slap with some outrageous fine. Its all about $$$.

4. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

there is no law in Canada for downloads, only uploading copyrighted content is illegal, that law was from 1984 from the UK i believe, we have a similar law system with HK because UK once owned HK and Canada...

5. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

Same in Holland, downloading is legal, but a lot of people here have uploaded some Asian dramas/movies which I suppose is illegal. Then again, will the RIAA/MPAA really care about those uploads ???

6. tongkitty

tongkitty Well-Known Member

I am so upset I really love the site... I had a lot of series and downloads that was not done downloading... :(

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

yeah but mot users dl cause they cant afford that fine...and i dont think us wants several millions broke and on the streets how would that look.

8. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

others sites are potential targets as well. they are taking note.

9. damn bullshit~! other sites either limit my up speed or limit the amount of content able to be stored or delete the files waay to regularly...

aiiiz

10. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Fileserve has dropped their affiliate a few days ago but now they are banning users accounts. I got this message.

“Unsuccessful login
    Your account has been disabled due to violations of our Terms and Conditions.”

Lucky I didn't renew it but still got like 2 months worth of premium on it. Funny thing is that many of my links still works...-_-2

Filejungle and uploadstation have the same owner as fileserve so if you have an account there, you should becareful, some people are deleting files already so they don't get ban. I'm also hearing a lot of folks saying uploadstation and FJ hadn't pay them as well and they might do the same thing like fileserve. Just giving you guys a heads up.

11. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

bitches knew sopa and pipa cant pass so they took this route and took down the biggest one and the others will have to follow.

12. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

SOBs....

13. multiupload is now down too........

trying uploadmirrors... :facepalm:

14. sakky101

sakky101 Well-Known Member

Ekkkkk just found out about this.. I knew MU wasn't working right the other day but I have PC probs myself so hardly been around! That so sad as I love that site! I am sorry that everyone that worked so hard with there links. I only had a few so wasn't a big lost.

15. ao_xxx

ao_xxx Well-Known Member

the end is near. where can we go next?I don't want to go back to torrents

16. blueheart1985

blueheart1985 Well-Known Member

Mine too, I like using Megaupload, because it's fast and doesn't limited my speed

17. Phantoman

18. slaser

slaser Well-Known Member

In their eyes users that upload/download copyrighted material are criminals. They don't care if millions go broke. The fact is the law was violated and let the punishment fit the crime.

19. Phantoman

20. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Filesonic has stopped their affiliate program too, so it's going to suck even more. It's going to be hard times for everyone. Fewer people uploading, can't trust any filehost sites now.