If there is a God is he evil or just an *ss?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by aznxmichael, Dec 26, 2010.

1. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

No need to be afraid, trolling is not within his fame -lol.

2. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

HAHa ok cool

3. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

he was one of the most religious person on this forum ... but some PRICK made him leave :/

4. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

You guys are silly. This belongs in the fan fiction section.

5. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Haha that was original. funny pic

6. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

i was debating with a Christian girl about it, she said: God wants people to know what is pain, suffering etc so they can see what is really true peace and happiness
    he doesnt interfere in people suffering but just ask them to believe and behave good because after all the suffering they will endure, in the end they will go to heaven, show that they are worth being there and find true peace
    but still i dont believe in religions, people believes because they are scared of what is after death

7. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

its sad but true, some people wont believe until they are in the pits of hell itself. I advise you take a good look at your motives and reasons for not believing. I've spoken to Atheists who said they refuse to believe in God because if they did it would mean they are sinners, crazy 'head in the sand' stuff like that, they will either realise it on earth where there is a solution or in hell where there is no solution. either way.. they will come to realise it.

8. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

Jesus fucking Allah Mohammad Christ.

9. 96swong

96swong Member

Let me draw your atttention to the Epicurian Paradox:

If God is omnipotent, then why do bad things exist/happen?
    Either God is not omnipotent and has only limited control; or God is omnipotent but doesn't care.

Note: I did that off the top of my head, so I may have messed that example up slightly.

10. Sekci

Sekci Member

God is fake? It is a huge idea people created because they couldn't explain the existence of the world. Since I can't explain how we got here, there is definitely no way I can possibly state that he doesn't exist. The idea of God is very confusing. However, if an omnipotent being is out there and created us, that being is an asshole. He made such an unfair world in so many indescribable way. End of discussion.

11. The world is unfair. Life is unfair. Learn to deal with it. Cry me a river

Anyways, SRS QUESTION: So what's the difference between an Atheist not believing, or someone of another religion not believing? Will the both not be saved come judgement time?

12. Awareness

Awareness Active Member

Too bad but God does not give dictation, inspiration ok.
    So it is real ignorant to scold your own words.

13. Awareness

Awareness Active Member

14. aznxmichael

aznxmichael Member

Even though it was right off the top of your head, that is basically what Epicurus was saying

15. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Epicurus sounds like a smart guy so I’m wondering why he never bothered reading a bible. According to Scripture judgment comes after our life on this fallen planet of sin and decay. It also says there is no sin in Heaven, for that reason many will end up in Hell because Heaven will be a place they can’t go. We have Free Reign.

I’m sure those who think like Epicurus will welcome their stay in Hell because anything bad in Heaven wouldn’t be right.

As for God being incompetent, it says that all your deeds and thoughts will be judged on judgment day, nothing will be forgotten and you’ll have to answer for everything. But before that, we have a life (some long, some short) to make our choices. You can do good or bad.

I’m glad it’s like that, or else nobody would be left on this planet because we have ALL contributed to the bad on this planet.

Sin in fallen creation on earth where sinful humans live = yes.
    Sin in Heaven where Gods is (In essence) = no.

16. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

i loled :trollface2:

17. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Proverbs 18:13
    He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

So to judge a matter before looking at the source and seeing what is said, is not smart, If you are going to comment on God and the bible, the least you can do is read it first.

18. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

and waste my precious time when i get smart the legitimate asian way? by doing maths! and science! no thx laaaa... :trollface2:

19. person

person Well-Known Member

Religion...
    [​IMG]
    This needs to become an emote for the forum.

God.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOOOOL
    [​IMG]

20. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Modern Catholicism and Christianity sounds all great and noble, but only because there is so much glossing over of the bible in the new testament and a lot of picking and choosing of bible passages.

When you actually look into some of it (and I have... I've read through sections of the King James Bible for fun) there are some totally batshit insane passages, which make you wonder why anyone who is either female, black or gay partial to the religion.

Particularly black people. The only reason there are so many black Christians is because Western slave owners converted them to the religion so that they would be subserviant to the Word of God:

"Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him."

- Ephesians 6:5-9:

And then there are the downright funny and ridiculous passages in the bible like this one:

Then Saul said, “Thus shall you say to David, ‘The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king’s enemies.’” Now Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son-in-law. Before the time had expired, David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king’s son-in-law. And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife.

- 1 Samuel 18:25-27 ESV

How do you even give someone a present like that? Do you put it in some sort of box? Did the king count all the foreskins?