I like my best friend

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by cicipeepee, Jan 19, 2008.

1. cicipeepee

cicipeepee Active Member

i am a person who keeps everything to myself. I guess people that don't know me might say that i have a lot of friends. but i consider myself only having 2 true friends. One of them being a guy and 1 of them, a girl. I first met this guy "D" when i was in highschool. I thought he was really fun to hang out with as a friend and then came to noticed that he is a very trustworthy person. Soon enough he became one of my best friends. I never thought that i would ever like him in my life. My long time elementary buddy "A" has been my best friend since forever. "D" used to try to get with me. and he told me that he liked me... but everytime he told me, i would tell him that we are better off being friends. He always told me he is lonely so i decided to intro "A" to him. They became friends in the beginning and us three became the best of friends. I started to like D and one day i wanted to tell him and ended up telling me that he likes A. Me being a very selfless person just let him be and now they like each other very much. Every time they argue, i would be the one to put them back together... and it hurts me because im pushing someone i really like to someone else. But to think of it.. they are both my best friends and i want the best for them. guess it was my fault for not realizing this in the beginning when i had the chance...

UPDATE
    1/19/08
    -well today us 3 hung out again. i took out my younger sister and she took out her younger brother and "d" came along as the driver. We decided to go watch Alvin and the Chipmunks at the theatre since we had kids along. i realized that im not going to hang out with them like this again. They were sitting at the other end cupcaking when i was watching the 2 kids. It hurted me sooo soooo much. I was about to cry. but then i told myself i cant cry in front of them... so i acted like everything was ok.. it is 11:26pm. "D" is currently at my house. I'm on my computer and he is dead asleep on my bed. ERRR... this sucks.

#1 cicipeepee, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  2. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Tough luck, maybe next time a guy falls for you, think twice before throwing him out the window.

3. u need to expand ur social circle... there r other ppl out there besides "A" and "D"... there's no such thing as "i can't live without him/her" meet more friends n c more things n i'm sure u'll find someone just as good if not better than "D" -lol

good luck!!!

4. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

but out of the new ppl that she'll meet, how many can become best friends? ;)

5. i never asked her to stop being friends with "A"... i mean ur best fd doesn't have to b the only person u hang out with... besides... by the sounds of things they seem like really young... i'm sure it can't b that hard to make new fds...

if her mind is always on "A" and "D" then it's gonna b almost impossible for her to move on... y not take a fresh breath... meet some new ppl n explore wot's out there :D

6. starwish`

starwish` Member

woah
    if A && D argue again try not to put them 'back together'
    let things settle themselves, they'll probably fall out without you doing anything
    its FATE (=

7. uryu

uryu Well-Known Member

o_o HOWEVER! if they don't get 'back together' and you hook up with D, your long time friend A, might jump to conclusions, yah kno?, better stick w/ the good guy (girl) routine until A gets tired of D, and A realizes you have feeling for D, but that's just my suggestion, it probably won't work out that way either >.> gl!

8. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

To OP:
    Ur just a little too late...so nothing u can do about it... ur the one who brushed him off... and now hes happy with ur other best friend
    u should just let them be and find someone else...
    love sucks sometimes eh......

totally agreeee... ive never said i cant live without him/her... simply cuz i dont believe it...
    of course in the beginning its gonna be very shitty...takes time but...u can get over it if u want to and try hard....

hahahaha u truly sound like some korean drama villian :p
    how can u not help ur friends....? even though u like the guy.... cant be that selfish...

9. hoi_lee

hoi_lee Well-Known Member

agrees with dawn, friendships grow stronger within time, and out of so many people, you might find friends just as good as "A" and "D".

haha, yea. considering they're your best friends and they like each other. =P

maybe "D" might have friends just like himself, and you could ask him to introduce them to you.

Just keep waiting, i'm sure you'll find that special someone, one day! -cool

good luck ^___^

10. skid

skid Well-Known Member

damn that sucks...but i guess theres not much you can do except be happy for your friends, and try and find someone new.

11. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol U can try and Meet Mr C here or somethign ^^

12. haha i'm not telling her to go out there n go Mr. C hunting... i just thought picking up a new hobby or hang out with some new friends would take her mind off things a bit... i mean the world isn't just abt "A" and "B"... there're so much more fun stuff out there... y waste time being depressed?? -clapclap

13. tiffer858

tiffer858 Well-Known Member

there are more people out there and you should make like more friends to hang out with so that your world doesn't revolve aroung them

14. xmichelly

xmichelly Well-Known Member

aww sounds like it's straight out of a drama ...
    but i really admire you for being able to put up with this ..
    i really can't imagine how hard it is for you .. i would try to distance myself from them, but then again, it'd be hard because ya'll are best friends =\

15. maybellina

maybellina Well-Known Member

Guess having the right timing is very important. I can imagine how tough it is to be btw them two all the time~ All the best in the future :)

16. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol Yer, well if u dont help them when they're in trouble , would u rather have 2 unhappy friends? lol Even tho you still Like him, Theres not like u can Go Steal him coz u'll lose the other friend, Be Happy that their together and maaybe that u'll have luck finding Mr C lol

17. liltigger23

liltigger23 Well-Known Member

someone new :D
    agreed.

one day u'll get over him.. and realize there are more Mr.{insert a letter here} than just him
    have u ever seen the movie happy birthday with louis koo in it?
    maybe having him as a best friend forever is better than dating him and maybe eventually breaking up?

18. No, there isn't Dawn!! it's A and D only.. for life!! She met him since highschool!! that's like years of a long relationship right there!! why trade it all for that!?!

I say in the words of Angie... JUST GO FOR IT!!

19. AsianInvasion

AsianInvasion Well-Known Member

Ouch :[ I had that feeling before.. I know its hard, but you should be happy for your friend! There are plenty of great guys out there, and I know that at least one person in this huuuuge world is perfect for you! So dont sweat it! XD

20. [youtube]fkDGiAWzAdw[/youtube]