How to deal with drama at work?

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by Pretty Kitty, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Pretty Kitty

Pretty Kitty Well-Known Member

People at work are also part of our relationships. However, it doesn't always go the way you expect it to be.

For example, people talk behind your back, judge you for everything you do, pay attention to you all the time or share their negative thoughts about other co-workers, etc. :unsure:

What will you do if you're in these situations? :no:

• I was wondering about that too I was wondering about that too x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

K.I.S.S

Keep It Shit Simple.

Don't get caught up in politics. Keep things clear and concise. Keep your word. Get your shit done.
    And dont give a fuck to what people think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pretty Kitty

You're so cool :clap:

4. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

We'll need a bit more than that to carry on an active discussion here las.
    Perhaps how you deal with things etc on your side.

5. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

I personally would just keep it to myself even if I hear people backtalk about me and whatnot. Just have to get whatever you need to get done.

6. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

don't worry about what goes on at work with what people say, not unless you want to get caught up in in too. where i used to work, i was in on it and people would tell me so much that i didn't want to hear or later get involved. i was a well known person in my company and the politics got to me where just the corporate people would dare touch me and some wanted me out.

now with my new job. i just get in, do my thing, and get out. i don't care about what people say to me or about me. i do me and you do you.

7. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

I tell that mofo, you're fired! :rip:

Just make sure you do your job well. All the other bs, you either ignore it or listen to it like info that may be useful to use later on.

8. Pretty Kitty

Ya, that's basically what i do - ignore drama and get my work done but sometimes it's not so easy to ignore when people try to be a jerk in front of you. It's stressed me out sometimes. But ya i keep everything as simple as possible. It's better for my life and health :hug2:

9. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

Just let it all out when you're at home or with friends to talk it, try not to say anything during work and just everything done.

10. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Office politic happens everywhere, you can't avoid it. If you have what it take, you'll survive. But of course being smart and strategic in identifying who's your friend or foe doesn't hurt either. At the end of the day, you just have to ignore them and eventually the backstabber and what not will shoot themselves in the foot. Live by these rules and you'll be fine. :innocent2: :friends: :fight6:

11. Pretty Kitty

Absolutely :p

Ya ignoring is still the best option

12. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

I tend to play the oblivious card.
    I just do my work to keep my supervisor or team leader happy anyone else I just go "Meh" they have a problem, I just go what ever.
    Piss me off a bit more I'll just call a sickie when you need my help.

Main deal is dealing with this is like a conversation or a game of tennis, they serve, a response comes back to keep things going, if you don't bother it'll just be not enjoyable and things will just go "Bleh"

13. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

cant beat a bit of office drama...!!!! i like to be in the loop of things...

but yeh its going to happen where ever you are...wheres theres people theres always gossip...

id just say ignore it if it bothers you..."if you dont bite or take the bait" they'll be bored and wont include you..?

14. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Ha! In my workplace, there's hella lot drama/political things going on within the dept. and the management above.

I'm the middle girl so I work with all the team leaders when they are on shift. They are always back stabbing each other...trying to set each other and just trying to make each other look bad which isn't great.

I don't get involved at all because I just keep my head down and get the work done...when they need my assistance then i'll help them out but sometimes when they in a bad mood or whatever, they try take it out on me....i'm like hell no...I have a pretty high tolerance when it comes to 'taking nonsense from people' but when they are proper OTT, I confront them and just straight up ask them what's their issue and try resolved it from there but if not then I just gotta do what I've been told to do ~ report to their supervisor and my supervisor LOL let them deal with it.

Because one of the main issue at my place is people 'power tripping' and causing unnecessary stress/drama at work and then it upsets the teams dynamic.

I got offered a position but I was like thanks but no thanks, too much drama/politics going.

Rather stay stress free, do the job, get the work done without the title.

Long story short:

Keep your head down, stay neutral at all times and just get your work done....If it personally involves you and the situation gets worse then I would call them out on it and confront them, see what their problem is. If it doesn't get resolved, then do it the formal way and get your line manager/supervisor/HR involved.

15. Pretty Kitty

Ya, but I need to be very careful because some people at my work are sensitive. :unsure:

It sounds like you have to deal with a lot of things besides your work. That's so stressful. I hope everything is ok for you. :luv:

16. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Although I agree with you that you have to stand up for your rights, especially the part where senior management level take it out on your because they'd simply woke up on the wrong side of the bed, you really have to tread carefully when it comes to confrontation with management level. If you are unclear of their relationship, you can get in a whole lot of hurt. My advice is know the "power players" and having good relationship with them doesn't hurt. It doesn't have to be obvious "kiss up," but having allies in your camp in your time of need sure comes in handy. Believe me, you need it with all these "backstabbers" out there. :lol::lol: