How many are willing to go out with parents nowadays?

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by mint_T, May 21, 2006.

1. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

I mean spending your weekends w/ your parents eating dim sum... grocery shopping ect... instead of hanging out w/ your friends and leaving them alone at home?

I go grocery shopping with my parents every weekend :).

2. whatdoido

whatdoido Well-Known Member

i think the older you get -- i'm, errm, 25+some :) -- the more you like to spend time like that with ur folks... hell, yeah, they still do things to embarrass you but you dun mind so much.

its good to see your folks as friends as well as just some old ppl who used to buy you food/clothes/stuff etc..

3. DuchSauce

DuchSauce Well-Known Member

I only get to see my mother, so on weekends if I don't have too much to do, I will go and see her. Not just for me, but because I know it makes her happy. Everyone goes through a phase where they don't want to be seen with their parents, I can't wait to annoy my kids when they are in that phase.

4. hello_kitty19_81

hello_kitty19_81 Well-Known Member

I am willing to go out with my parents when they have the time to because I don't get to see them often as they work 6 days a week with only 1 day off....-cool >.<

5. shy

shy Well-Known Member

Since I live an 8 hour drive away from my mom, I try to make it a point to hang out with her at least once a month, usually on the weekends. I actually enjoy seeing her... to me, nothing is more important than family... friends can wait.

I've not been living with my parents since 18. When I first started college, I dormed, so I didn't live at home. After my second year of college, I started taking on a part time job and worked really late, so I just moved out and have been living in an apartment ever since. I do think about moving back home quite often... hopefully I can move back home soon since I miss my mom dearly. I worry about her when I'm not home and can't contact her for more than 2 days.

6. seney

seney Member

I am willing. Some kids aren't though. They find it embarrassing. =___=
    Well, I always do when I get the chance. Cherish them always. ^__^

7. Tiramisu21

Tiramisu21 Well-Known Member

I work for my parents >.< So I already see them a lot. I guess I wouldn't mind spending some time with them when not working. Working for them has already deprived some of my social life already. But yea.. still working on balancing the social life out.

8. mystery

mystery Well-Known Member

Well I still live with my parents so I see them everyday. On weekends...sometimes I'll go shopping wiht my mom or grocery shopping with my dad. It depends on my mood really... :p

9. renegade_cash

renegade_cash Well-Known Member

LOL just got home from yum cha with them. I even went to get my grandparents too but i was annoyed by it cause my grandma keeps complaining about my driving... apparently im not driving seriously WTF??

10. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

Im 18 now, dim sum and chinese grocery shopping Im fine with going with 'rents cause thats chinese stuff and thats the way it is. But otherwise clothes shoppin Im on my own or with friends

11. kingkwongs

kingkwongs Banned

i luv my parents

12. kingkwongs

kingkwongs Banned

13. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

More than willing. I make sure I dedicate some of my time to my family.

14. boyee

boyee Member

When I have money, I always go out to a restaurant with my parents and relatives. Too bad I don't have much so it only happens once in a while.