How long can you run?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by cherry tree, Apr 23, 2007.

1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

@honkiebonkie: 14km is about 8.7 miles... You are doing pretty good readying yourself for the half marathon :) Good luck.

I cannot run, fact.

2. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

i can only do jogging.....i can jog for more than 1 hr without stopping...u gotta keep doing that 2 have better stamina....

3. xixi

xixi Well-Known Member

can't we change the thread to how far can you swim? =P i can swim longer than i run o_O ....about 3km running sorta kills me while 4km of swimming is not bad at all...(although it does take a longer time to swim)

4. hiake

Swimming? I can swim WAY longer than I run (not a runner/jogger, fact)

Probably around 5k? That's 100 laps on a standard pool right??? Sounds about right...

5. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i dont run unless my lifes in danger :D

6. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

i can only jog but i can jog nonstop for more than 1 hr...that's d best of me...distance's abt 5 miles...my dad can do way better cos he used to jog on mountain paths....couldn't beat him in anyways cos he has this more tha 10 yrs of acculmulated stamina..he can jog for more than 15 miles non stop on level ground...

7. SugaCutie0

SugaCutie0 Well-Known Member

^That's impressive.. I can jog for a hour non stop. I dont run too much, makes my heart hurt.

8. xixi

xixi Well-Known Member

jupp 100 laps in a 25m pool is about 5k =)

----

admire you people that can run/jog for an hour or more at a time ...

9. Thyobear

Thyobear Well-Known Member

i can't run right now.. recovering from abdominal surgery...

10. hiake

@xixi: it just takes practice...

11. yongxlin

yongxlin Well-Known Member

About 2 years ago, I hated running. I cannot even run...get out of breath even after running less than half a mile. But then a friend and I started working out together and she enjoyed running. So I slowly started jogging to running and I eventually was able to run 3 miles non-stop. It was not an easy process, it took me approx. 8 months to be able to do this, working out 1.5 hours 5 days a week! It is extremely satisfying after each run. However, now I am using the eliptical just because it's easier on my knees.

12. don

don ello

i run to catch the bus :D

13. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

20mins - 1/2 hr on treadmill..;P which is a good enough workout.

14. Kooslee

Kooslee Well-Known Member

I can't run for a long time. The max is 5 min, but I can power walk for such a long time. I guess you can't have everything.

15. xxsweetheartxx

xxsweetheartxx Well-Known Member

it's been sooo long since I ran!!! hahahah I don't think I can anymore

16. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

I C, I C. The calories burnt is about the same with both trend mill and eliptical.
    The only difference is that the trendmill makes you stronger i.e. ligaments, bone, heart, etc. so actually, I think trendmill is better.

3 miles in half hour is preety good. I do about the same 5 days a week, plus weights...hehe

17. hiake

I didn't like the threadmill as it bothers my knee =_=bbb I guess I need to spend more time stretching...

18. FungShui

FungShui Well-Known Member

I ran 9 miles when I was bored one day. I was like Forest Gump I just kept on running. Finally went back home cause my flat feet were aching.

19. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

Hey, I just did the half marathon 22kms (What's that in miles? 14 miles??) last sunday.
    It took me 2 hours and a couple of minutes (don't know the exact time yet)

I am just glad i finished. Cos so many parts of my body ached during the race. My left foot still hurts. I think it is all worth it though for the feeling you get when u cross the finish line.

Hmmm... should i consider the full marathon?? sounds scary...

20. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

dont know how long but did 1500m for chinese school sports day..and a 1000m race for english sports day.