How do you study?

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by drsnoopy, Dec 11, 2007.

1. drsnoopy

drsnoopy Well-Known Member

How do you study? What kind of techniques do you use? I'm trying to memorize a lot of info at once like a LOT of stuff, but i'm having trouble doing it. I don't have that good of a memory either.

Any suggestions?

2. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Go on PA and Not studying like what i'm doing now haha, best thing to do study at school library....that's for me though lol...

3. mel0n

mel0n Member

go to the library where its quiet and everyone is studying. it will compel you to do your work and not disturb other people. just bring your books and no laptop.

4. reno

reno Well-Known Member

u'll need to memorise the core things
    then apply ur understanding to the rest, which essentially can be derived from the "cores"

if all else fails, write down a summary of everything and keep on memorising everynite! =)
    helps u pass the test, but thats abt all it does... lol

best thing to do is revise from day 1 and ask questions of what u don't understand

5. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

the library is definitely the best place to go... 3-4 hours a day there should do u good for most exams

6. drsnoopy

hmm........no better techniques than writing stuff down a bunch of times?

My memory sucks....

7. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

im so screwed an't study at home...the library helps but its so far..i only went for 2hr today cause i was so tiredd.....i like studyinga at gerstein

8. drsnoopy

ugh. sucks. exams suck

9. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

i'm soo screwed now probably gonna fail my finals tm cause i didn't go to library, 8 am finals...or probably gonna pull another all-nighter.

10. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

libraries don't work for me. all i do when i get there is sleep. its soooo quiet and warm there. just makes me pass out. trying to cram a tonne of stuff all at once isn't gonna work unless ur some kind of genius. ur better off reviewing a little every day and review it over and over again everyday.
    depending on what i'm trying to study. i usually put in about 3 hours a day into it. a little at a time. also, i kinda set goals for myself. i can only do this once i put 2 hours into memorizing this, u know? ex. i can watch my fav show for one hour once i put 3 hours into studying.

11. suenstyle

suenstyle Member

using notecards and staggering the studying really helps when absorbing information :)

12. huyy

huyy Member

Hmmmm, isolate yourself in QUIET room. (No TV, Radio, iPod, etc.) Use 3x5 Flash Cards and flip thru. them to help with your memorizing process :X That's all I can think of.... OHH OHHH and eat a BANANA!! :D but then again, thats just me :X

13. i can only work when under pressure, with relaxing music

14. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

yea library is great for sleeping too anyways taking energy drinks help me study kinda like i downed a can of full throttle and a can of rockstar on the sameday and coffee...the crash though is pretty bad....

15. koogepanini

koogepanini Well-Known Member

-if you don't have that good of a memory, avoid cramming.
    -make a list of all the things you actually need to know and then figure out which ones that you know/easier to work through and which things you don't know/well yet. concentrate on the latter ones.
    -i find eating snacks distracts me enough from other distractions.
    -usually when i have a lot of stuff to remember and i can't do it, it's cuz i can't remember the difference between them. so figuring that out helps.
    -last resort: somehow relate what your'e studying to something else or make acronyms, stories, sentences that you'll remember instead.
    -oh, and don't do all nighters. you might have memory crash the next day.

16. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

read out loud

it forces me to actually concenrate on the words and not just skim over them

17. hot wings

hot wings Well-Known Member

forget studying, do the last minute revision before exams, or if everything fails just take an art and esign course like me :D

18. nunubutt

nunubutt Well-Known Member

you really just need to start a couple days a head. memorizing lots of info doesn't work in one night unless you've got great short term memory and such.

19. xmichelly

xmichelly Well-Known Member

it really depends on what I'm studying. for things like chinese, I write characters over and over until I remember them. and for things like history, I make a study guide and read it over several times

20. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

5 minutes before the test LOL :p