Hong Kong's Celine Tam Gets to the Semi-Finals in "America's Got Talent"

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Sep 4, 2017.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

celine-tam-2017.jpg

Hong Kong’s “little giant lung” Celine Tam (譚芷昀) will be competing against other child singers in the semifinals for America’s Got Talent this week.

The 9-year-old Hong Kong native is one of 21 talents who have survived through the semifinals, who will be competing in a two-week long race. 10 finals will be selected for the final rounds, which will be determined in late September.

Of the 21 semi-finalists, six of them are underage, including 9-year-old Celine, 9-year-old Angelica Hale, 12-year-old Darci Lynne, 12-year-old Merrick Hanna, 13-year-old Evie Clair, and 17-year-old Christian Guardino.

According to the official chart, Celine will first go against Angelica Hale, who dreams to be the next Whitney Houston, and the talented formerly blind singer Christian Guardino, on September 12. The 21 semi-finalists will be split into two teams, and after eliminating six from each group, the final 10 will compete for the trophy and win US$1 million.

Celine wrote on Facebook, “I am so happy to have [the] chance to join AGT this year. [I’ve learned] a lot and [made] lots of friend. I am just a 9 [year] old kid and I am lucky to have my family supporting me to build my dream.”

Comparing experience to be as important as water, Celine also thanked her father for being her singing teacher, and teaching her to sing with “skills and heart every day.”

Creds: Ming Pao

• Like Like x 1
  2. Being watching AGT since episode 1 till now. She is good.

First audition sang Celine Dion "My Heart Will Go On"

Second audition Celine sings "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You" by Michael Bolton earn the Golden Buzzer from Laverne Cox

Third auditon Celine sings "When You Believe" by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey

Lets cheer for her

#2 charlestsy, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

The mom was so proud of her she's literally crying

4. posted celine in chat DA didnt care :boblook:

5. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

very talented. she made all those songs into her own.

6. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

i find her irritating, like that class mate who always gets 110% on exams and bosses others around

7. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

luckily i dont get jelly of woman. She is alright

8. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

for a 9 years old that is

9. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Out of the songs she sang, I think her last one from 'Moana' was better
    But I actually prefer Angelica to Celine lol
    Her Symphony performance makes me wana sing too lol