Hong Kong Version of Hit Drama "Jewel in the Palace" (Lau Sam Ho) Starring Charmaine, Kevin, Tavia,

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by candy10013, Oct 16, 2008.

1. candy10013

candy10013 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TVB sees that both Kevin Cheng and Charmaine Sheh attracted attention and decided to take advantage to cast them in next year's (February) 30-episode grand production series 銆婂妷涓夊ソ銆?Lau Sam Ho 鈥?tentative title). The backdrop of the series is based on the palace servants (Seung Gong) during Tang Dynasty, revolving around the rivalry of the four wardrobe department for the Empress. The synopsis mirrored Korean hit series Jewel in the Palace. Charmaine will be casted as the leading character Lau Sam Ho. TVB have also arranged for Susanna Kwan, Michelle Yim, Tavia Yeung and Moses Chan from [Moonlight Resonance] to join the series, what a stellar production indeed. Executive Producer Mui Siu Ching admitted that she is busy designing the wardrobe for the series.
    When reporters mentioned that the new series mirrored Jewel in the Palace, Charmaine Sheh said: "This series is about wardrobe, not food."

The story is about the rivalry between 'Seung Gong' during Tang Dynasty. Seung Gong department task is to provide gold pins, wardrobes and jeweleries for the Empress. The characters each have their own technique to survive in Seung Gong. Though [LSH] will only start filming next year, TVB is already sourcing wardrobe, headgear and jewelleries to ensure a luxurious palace effect.

When Charmaine found out that she will be working with Kevin, she indicate that she will put her best effort in the series: "It's just work! I will try my best to follow company's arrangement." She also expressed hopes for the series, hoping for the series to break [JITP] record. Mentioning of the upcoming series strong cast, she is not afraid being compared to: "It's great that I can satisfy my acting cravings." As for Tavia Yeung and Selena Li, they also anticipate the series as they are happy being able to work with veterans like Susanna and Michelle.

According to some sources, Tavia's role as a concubine will be the villian! Her evil role will be heavy on screentime and is a scene-stealer. As for Susanna Kwan & Michelle Yim, their status nowadays are very high and if their roles ain't important, they will not participate in the drama. The emperor, played by Moses Chan, will have a complicated relationship with Charmaine, Tavia and Selena. While Kevin, a palace officer, will only have one love interest - Charmaine. Fala Chen is also rumoured to take part of the series, as Tavia's palace maid.

Credits: to Selena Fansource
    http://selena.tkn-portrait.net/news/

2. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

TVB good at takind advanteges but the cast is really good.

3. sindee

sindee Well-Known Member

oooh im looking forward to this series =D love the cast! ;] im surprised to know that Tavia will be playing an evil role lol i guess this is a new challenge ;D

4. the cast looks good lets just hope this series doesn't flop

5. bobococo

bobococo Member

This series sounds quite interesting and by the look of the cast, TVB is probably investing a lot into it...

6. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

anything with charmaine is destined to suck...but dunno might be saved by the moonlight resonance cast.

7. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

haha, looks more like the tvb version of Dai Cherng Gum, lol
    lol whats next? tvb remake of heroes or prison break?

8. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

lol @ phil
    anyways, the cast looks good an i like these sort of series...cos the costumes are nice..
    so def will keep a look out for it -detect

9. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

oh wow this is a very very nice cast... really anticipating this drama

10. xhikarux

xhikarux Guest

jesus christ i dont want to hear her crying.. they seriously need to replace the main actress.

11. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

stop copying.......lol

12. ck89

ck89 Member

sounds interesting

13. Supertrio

Supertrio Well-Known Member

Wow is instresting and cast is ...gnot good...Why kevin why why why??. i dont like his acting in ancient series...ok its only my opinion.

14. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

Great cast, but lets wait and see if it works. Though i am looking forward to it!

15. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Look at all the actor's at the back, they must be like, "Charmaine is such a bitch!!!"

16. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

whats with the hate with charmaine,
    THE ONES WE NEED TO HATE IS LINDA CHUNG AND MYOLIE!

17. candeee

candeee Well-Known Member

This series is sounding great! Can't wait for it to air!!!