HK TVB November News Roundup - 2005

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by hadouken, Nov 9, 2005.

1. NOVEMBER NEWS ROUNDUP - Nov 2005

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Queenie - Joey Scandal

03/11/05

Joey Leung's career has had an upward surge thanks to the popularity of "Minutes to Fame" and with a long term girlfriend in Margaret Chung, you'd think he was the luckiest man in the world. However, news broke on the internet yesterday that he was photographed making out with last year's Miss Hong Kong runner up Queenie Chu in a car, so passionately that the car was shaking. Parked up in a quiet road in Chai Wan, the couple were captured on film in ten minutes of passion before Queenie was seen gently massaging a satisfied Joey. Faced with these allegations, Joey did not deny anything, but Queenie pleaded her innocence to the reporters as she wept: "He kissed me and then told me he had a girlfriend!"

In a radio interview later, Joey indicated that he knew that someone was filming them and that the most important thing was to explain himself to his girlfriend. He said that he knows the importance of his family and he seemed regretful of his actions. As for Queenie, she was spotted after filming for her daytime programme talking to a friend on the phone and saying: "I have only been on a few dates with him and when I asked if he had a girlfriend, he said he didn't. It was only after he had kissed me that he told me he had a girlfriend, who had been with him for a long time. It was then that I ended everything with him." Later she wailed: "I have been in the States for so long, how would I know. I don't want to be the third party in this..." Afterwards, she was caught by the press again, but she did not want to say any more, other than that they were friends and TVB had offered her some time off to let things blow over.

04/11/05

After the breaking of Joey Leung and Queenie Chu's 'scandal' yesterday, Queenie was interviewed on the telephone as she poured her heart out to tell her side of the story. Asked if there was a sexual relationship, she emphasised that there was not. She denies that she was tricked, but admits that she could have been smarter and made better judgement: "I have been away studying in America for four or five years and did not pay attention to the Hong Kong entertainment news. Then I entered Miss Hong Kong and no-one told me that he had a girlfriend."

Queenie does not feel she was tricked and does not want to push the responsibility onto Joey. As for being the third party, she insists that she was not because she did not know this at the time. Asked how long they had been together, Queenie refused to answer, simply saying that she is serious in her love and she was not playing around. Joey is a good man and she has never blamed him. She adds that she does not like lying, so she is following Joey's lead in admitting the truth. She has not been in touch with Joey since the incident broke and she feels sorry for Margaret, who has also been hurt by all this. She hopes that things will soon blow over and people will forgive and forget.

TVB have removed Queenie from her duties in hosting "Entertainment Live" and she has cancelled all her engagements to try and stay away from the press, who have been chasing her since, even to the supermarket.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    04/11/05

TVB have taken action against Joey Leung and Queenie Chu on the back of their scandal breaking yesterday and with Joey lined up to MC at this year's Anniversary Extravaganza as well as a part in the forthcoming series "Treasure Pot", it would seem that his career will soon be taking a rather unexpected halt as the executives decide whether to remove him from his duties.

Queenie's hosting for "Entertainment Live" has been suspended after only one day and her work for TVB's paid "Health Channel" has also been put on hold as she has been told to take leave for a while.

TVB Executive Lok Yee Ling indicates that she has seen both parties and insists that they have not 'frozen' Queenie, but instead are giving her a chance to take some rest away from the gossip and avoid making things worse amid the confusion. Ms Lok emphasises that TVB will not intrude into artiste's private affairs, but they need to take charge of the image they are portraying and therefore discussions are necessary. As for calls that TVB are being unfair to Queenie, Ms Lok explains that Joey does not have any work in hand at the moment and that he is not in Hong Kong as he is on vacation.

05/11/05

With the difference in consequences borne by Joey Leung and Queenie Chu due to the backing that Joey has received from good friend Hacken Lee and TVB executive Stephen Chan, there have been calls of unfairness from the public. Following a production meeting for the anniversary show, Joey's name remains on the list of MC's for the extravaganza and his leading role in the forthcoming drama production is still safe. After such a show of mercy from TVB, Joey will be following the exact orders from the company to return to Hong Kong and make a formal apology to all.

The fate of Queenie is rather different though and with all her current workload suspended, Mr Chan explained the reasoning behind this as due to a conflict of interests in her role as a showbiz reporter on "Entertainment Live". He adds that she is emotionally unstable at the moment, so she is unable to return to her work straight away. He adds that they will handle the situation fairly and that the reason for Joey's light treatment was because he had called in to explain his actions, whereas Queenie had not. Queenie insists that she did call and speak to Miss Hong Kong Co-ordinator Rosa Chan, "Entertainment Live" producer Cheung Ka Ling and also the Artistes department, but she will respect the wishes of the company.

Responding to press questions about running away, Joey indicated that he had planned his trip to Thailand for business and personal reasons and had planned to return on 11th. When the news broke, he wanted to return to Hong Kong straight away, but he could not get tickets. He feels that he has been wrongly accused of 'running away' from the incident. Speaking on a telephone interview on TVB's magazine programmed "Scoop", he was asked by Hacken if he is a responsible man and he replied after a pause: "Yes." He also admits directly that he is the person in the photographs: "I can say very honestly that I did something that has greatly disappointed those who care about me, I will admit that that this is a great shortcoming in my life and I am very sorry. I have done wrong and I don't want to evade it, I hope that everyone will give me the chance to change for the better and for those people around me who I have upset, I will spend more time to make happy in the future. I have let down the company and I will work even harder to gain their confidence in me again." Joey will appear on next Monday's edition of Scoop in person after returning to Hong Kong.

[​IMG] [​IMG] 06/11/05

In the continuing story of Joey Leung's scandal, we are taken to the Thai resort of Koh Samui, where Joey has been making things up to girlfriend Margaret Chung after the news of his brief affair with Queenie Chu. Joey and Margaret were pictured emerging from the hotel in the morning, with Joey showing good spirits and smiles, but Margaret was rather tired and her eyes seemed puffy from crying.

Meanwhile, the arguments on the internet continue as Joey is branded "Super Love Rat" as angry comments are left from net users, calling him the "Most Despicable Man of the Century" and pouring out their anger at how he has been allowed to continue as MC for the TVB anniversary show. Faxes and emails have been pouring into press offices, calling for Joey to be kicked out of such prestigious roles and branding him as "Television's Girl User Ruffian Love Rat and Liar".

However, Joey seems to have won the forgiveness of his girlfriend and Margaret was smiling as she returned to her course at the Yoga Thailand school. Asked if she had forgiven him, she replied: "I don't want to respond. Give me some time and I will come back." Meanwhile, Joey was smiling as he checked in at Koh Samui airport and even had his photo taken with some Hong Kong tourists who recognised him.

As Joey returned to Hong Kong, he was quickly swamped with press reporters and he gave his 'apology statement' saying that they had reached an agreement and asking for time for him to deal with his family affairs and to rest. He added that he will accept whatever disciplinary action the company decide to give him. Asked about his thoughts about Queenie, he immediately changed his mood and indicated that he will not be commenting at all on anything to do with her.

07/11/05

Joey Leung continued about his daily affairs yesterday, but when he emerged from his home, he indicated that he felt very unhappy again after watching the days reports on the television. He headed out to the airport where he joined with Alan Tam to head to Guilin where they are filming. As Alan jokingly scolded him to admit his wrongs, Joey gracefully bowed in agreement, but when the press asked him to respond to the comments that he was a "Despicable Man" and a "pervert", Joey frowned and asked in return "What do you want me to say?"

Having previously been linked with Joey in rumours, Erica Yuen kept her distance, saying that she knew that Joey had a girlfriend and there was nothing between them. Fellow ex-Miss Hong Kong contestant Selena Li also showed no support for Queenie, supporting Joey saying: "Joey has his position after so many years, but Queenie is a newcomer, so she will lose out badly after just one hit. For a girl to get so close to someone before getting to know them is always a bad thing, everyone in the industry knows that Joey is dating. The Joey I know will not intentionally flirt or chat people up."

[​IMG]

08/11/05
    With Joey Leung's news of cheating on girlfriend Margaret Chung the talk of the town, Margaret herself indicated yesterday that she was not unhappy, but just needed some time to settle down. However, talking on a TVB chat show, Joey indicated that his girlfriend had still not entirely forgiven him.

Currently attending a Yoga course in Koh Samui, Margaret was a little surprised to find reporters at the Yoga school and tried to hide away. Later, several male colleagues stepped in to ask the press to leave, whilst she slipped away. After successfully contacting Margaret later, the reporters were able to get a first response from her about the incident and she said that she felt rather helpless about everything that was going on in Hong Kong, but she has calmed down and she doesn't want to say too much about it until she returns to Hong Kong and responds directly. Asked if she had been unhappy, she replied that she hadn't and was more annoyed by the media because she is trying to go to class and they have been disturbing her. Luckily her classmates are very nice, even though they don't know what is happening, they will protect her.

For Joey, who is currently filming in Guilin, he was interviewed by TVB's "Scoop" and asked by Amigo Chui for his girlfriend's reaction, Joey indicated that she reacted "Like any woman would", very unhappily and losing her temper. As for whether she has totally forgiven him, Joey says that she hasn't, but he understands and it is his own fault. He hopes to treat her better in the future so that she can totally forgive him. Asked how he had made it up to her, Joey says that it was not as bad as he had expected, so it was like a birthday celebration, buying her flowers, cake and a meal. Joey adds that both sets of parents have reprimanded him and admits that he has become lost over the years and there is plenty of room for improvement.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    *** With weeks to go until the TVB anniversary show is aired, internet groups have already posted lists of this year's winners. The top male and female awards are tipped to go to Moses Chan and Kenix Kwok, while most improved favourites are Bosco Wong and Niki Chow. Asked about this, Moses says that there is still a long time to go and if he wins he will be happy, but if he doesn't he will still work hard. *** Kate Tsui was filming for "Hard to be a Woman" alongside Kenneth Ma and Michael Tse in Central earlier in a scene where she uses Michael to push Kenneth's motivation, but it ends up in a punch up. Asked about her recent rumours linking her with a rich boyfriend, Kate denies this, saying that they are just friends. *** TVB's new series "Strong Sword" will begin filming soon, starring Kevin Cheng, Bosco Wong, Sharon Chan and Bernice Liu. For Kevin, this is his first real ancient martial arts show and he is particularly excited and preparing hard for the action scenes. He says that two months of filming will be hard, so he needs to keep fit. For this year's anniversary awards, Kevin supports Liza Wang for her 'bossy mother in law'. *** After his steadfast portrayal of 'Lee Sir' in "The Academy", Michael Miu has been nominated to be "Safety Ambassador" for the East District and in a special ceremony, he was presented with a plaque by Commissioner Wong from the Hong Kong police. Miu showed his community spirit by meeting all his fans in the crowd, both young and old, posing for photographs and shaking hands. *** Kenix Kwok was spotted by reporters visiting someone at a correctional institute. She was on her own and tried to look inconspicuous, wearing no make-up and a peaked cap and when she left the prison, she was wiping tears from her eyes with a tissue. When the reporter approached her, she was very surprised, but would not reveal who she had been to visit. ***

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    *** After spending three months filming in Ap Liu Street for "Hidden Treasures", Bobby Au Yeung has built quite a rapport with the locals, who have made him their "Digital Ambassador", tasked with promoting the electronics industry in the area." Bobby prides himself on his friendly and fun image with his fans. *** Gigi Lai was promoting "Beneath the Charm" on a radio show, together with Anne Heung and Sharon Chan, where they all said that there was a wonderful atmosphere as all the girls got together to share beauty tips. As for the current rumours linking co-star Mandy Cho to Chan Hung Lit, they all don't believe that for one second as Chan is a respected veteran. Sharon says she would be the first to stop anything happening because it is so wrong. *** TVB's new "Twins" are Fala Chen and Vivien Yeo. Both hailing from the Miss Chinese International pageant, these flatmates are working together to find their footing at TVB and keeping each other company as they live away from home. As for being mistaken for being gay, they both laugh that they are not and it's no-one's business anyway. Fala finds Vivien really optimistic and happy and they get on really well because one likes to cook and other other likes to clean! *** In new series "Forensic Pioneers", Frankie Lam plays a forensic expert and filming on a beach with Yoyo Mung, Linda Chung and Lee Kwok Lun, he seemed to fit the part perfectly, later commenting that this scene where they discover a body was nothing compared to an earlier studio scene where he had to do an 'autopsy' on a rape victim, which was quite awkward for Frankie as he had to 'inspect' the body actor's sensitive areas. Frankie says that as a male artiste, you always have to be so careful in case you are accused of harrassment. *** Kenix Kwok as recently landed herself a denim ad worth a seven-figure sum, so little wonder that she has been able to afford four apartments in one go. Since finishing work on "Revolving Doors of Vengeance", Kenix has just been working on ads and stage shows and although she has been busy, she has been enjoying herself a lot. Asked about her earlier mysterious trip to the correctional institute, Kenix explains that she was doing something very meaningful, but she can't talk about it yet. As for the tears, she says that she was wiping some oil from her face. *** Devily Leung has recently been on vacation to Japan, where she picked a lucky fortune from a temple. With the fortune translated into English and Chinese, Devily explains that it was good luck because it tells of a fish bowl, but there is no water in it, but someone comes and takes the fish into a bowl of water. She hopes this person will bring her good luck soon. *** Myolie Wu went flagselling for the first time earlier and was especially excited to be doing charity work before her birthday. Later, she celebrated with the people in the community centre, who made her cakes and bought a fruit basket for her. Her birthday wish is for success at this year's Anniversary awards and good health. *** Kevin Cheng and Bernice Liu were guests at a chocolate promotion and Kevin was asked to 'propose' to Bernice with a ring shaped chocolate, but he refused to kneel completely, saying he would only kneel to his real girlfriend when he proposes for real. Bernice laughs: "I didn't know he was so traditional. At first, I thought he was gay!" *** After being attacked and injured whilst filming "Circus of Life" in Panyu, veteran action choreographer Yuen Bo has not had his contract renewed by TVB, but a group of friends from before and behind the camera held a sixteen-table banquet to see him off. Shirley Yeung and Linda Chung escaped unhurt thanks to Master Yuen, but they were both unable to attend the send-off due to work commitments. They did chip in for a parting gift though. Master Yuen didn't mind their absence though as many other stars including Bosco Wong, Evergreen Mak, Mary Hon and Yu Ming were there to keep him company. After his departure, he will concentrate on nursing his injuries and resting as he is unable to return to work just yet. *** Mr and Miss Hong Kong became 'Mr and Mrs Smith' during filming for a TVB sales presentation clip, where Tracy Ip and Matthew Ko donned black tie and silver revolver to create the scene. *** Kenix Kwok's secret behind the visit to the Tai Tam Gap Correctional Institute was finally revealed as she was revealed as an ambassador for the "God Gave me Talents for a Reason" project, bringing warmth to the young people at the institution. Kenix commented that she found that the prison was very regulated and well equipped and the 14-21 year olds were all very innocent and naive, such that you would never believe that they have committed crimes. She was pleased to see them so confident and happy and hopes that when they are released, society will accept and care for them. Kenix will be returning to visit them again and share their experiences. ***
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    *** With her popularity rising after portraying toothy character 'Lee Siu Ho' in "Life Made Simple", Angela Tong is surprised that after ten years in the industry, she has found her fame through an 'ugly' character. Attending a wedding with her family earlier, Angela stole the show as she was asked to MC the proceedings and sing for the newlyweds. As they left, Angela's mother was asked why her future son-in-law, Angela's boyfriend of five yers was not present and she replied smiling: "He is very smart and busy and is away on business." Asked if she is to get married soon, Angela says that she is ready, but it's down to her boyfriend to take the initiative on these things. *** After splitting from her boyfriend for several months, Myolie Wu spent her 26th birthday in the company of a group of fans and she was presented with a cake, red eggs and long life cakes as well as a whole roast pig! Her fans offered wishes to her to win the female lead award this year, but she feels she will disappoint because there are too many strong opponents this year. As for whether she is looking for another boyfriend, she laughs that she is very open about these things, but she's not interested in men with girlfriends. In the meantime, she has her cat to keep her company. *** During a promotional tour for "Real Kung Fu", Timmy Hung revealed that Jack Wu and Charmaine Li were dating, but this was quickly denied by Jack and Charmaine, who both pointed out that this was on screen. However, Charmaine didn't rule out any future developments. Asked if Jack had given her any lifts home, she said that he hadn't, but Timmy had. She points out that she didn't do anything other than sit in his car though. *** Moses Chan took part in a charity walk earlier, wearing a rather eyecatching purple outfit and looking confident as he is tipped to win the top Anniversary award this year. Joined by Anne Heung and Yoyo Mung, he was asked if he was in a good mood and he replied that it was down to doing charity work. Despite the ratings for "Beneath the Charm" not doing as well as "Life Made Simple", Yoyo is still confident and is pleased with the reviews. Anne will begin working on "Ultimate Lawyer" after finishing filming for "Shanghai Legend" and she says that she is so busy that she didn't even realise that her parents had gone away on vacation. *** Frankie Lam and Linda Chung were filming for "Forensic Pioneers" in a kissing scene after a successful proposal from Frankie and during the shoot, the director called to 'crouch down', to which Linda responded. It turned out that the instruction was for Frankie to allow for the correct camera angle, but because of Linda's height, she had been told to do it before and automatically thought that the instruction was for her, causing a few laughs. Frankie sings Linda's praises, saying that she is a hardworking newcomer, who is punctual and polite. ***

tvbspace

#1 hadouken, Nov 9, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  2. heh i dont blame joey guy that queenie is hotter than his gf lol he busted tho man theres pics of him and queenie making out in the car ... :rofl:

3. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

lol.. busted

4. buffalo

buffalo Active Member

Love to watch Bobby in series. Kenix too of course;)