HK (Cantonese) live streaming

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Phantoman, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

#21 Phantoman, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. ely

ely Member

it works awesome for me! but only problem is my time zone isn't so compatible with the tv schedule >.<

3. Jayotacon

Jayotacon Well-Known Member

hmm yesterday works for me really good but today is really lagging :(

4. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

i use sopcast, not sure about TVB but I-cable (old and new Hong Kong, CHinese films) is pretty good. doesnt lag on my pc

5. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

omg how happiii my parents are ~~ lul

6. macauboy

macauboy Active Member

any software for macs?

7. Phantoman

Not as far as I know, but there is software out there that allows you to run Windows apps on Intel Mac. Google is your friend (at least if you have Intel Mac).

8. Phantoman

Yes I have to agree, this morning it was excellent for me, but then got worse through the day. Then this evening it was fine again, but it just went down hill a while ago. It's supposed to be like torrents, so the more people there are the better.

9. Phantoman

Thanks for pointing this out. I now have both I-Cable Movies and TVB running at the same time without any problems.

In case somebody is wondering, I am streaming these to my tv via the XBOX Media Center, so I can then kind of change between these 2 channels on my tv.

Edit:
    The direct link for I-Cable Movies is sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/6013 and the schedule can be found here (I believe) http://www.21126888.com/timetable/tt_new.asp?chno=mo1.

#29 Phantoman, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  10. SingSing

SingSing New Member

Cool Tkx ^^

11. bbes

bbes Incredible

that is a very clever idea, personally though not rele into streaming stuff myself, but it is good for those into it. also, don't have a tv anyway, in uni accom.

12. Phantoman

Oh well, seems like the TVB stream is down again :wtf:

13. Phantoman

I found another source on PPLive. I will post the instructions tomorrow (later) when I have time.

Edit: Looks like they can smell me from miles away ... this one stopped working after a few hours.

#33 Phantoman, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  14. ghostsxy

ghostsxy Well-Known Member

15. Phantoman

Anyone else have video and audio out of sync ? I have had this since last weekend.

Also are there people who do not have this problem ? So audio is in sync with video.

I'm trying to figure out whether this is related to SopCast, my location or some bad peer from which I am feeding from.

16. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

at times it is out of sync...but i just put it down to bad connection or laagggg ;)
    but the time zones are diff so hardly watch it unless i stay up at like 4am or something just to watch a drama lol

17. Phantoman

Just have your can of coffee ready and the supporting toothpick to keep the eyes open :)

For the video/audio sync issue you can use VLC to correct that, see the following article:

http://lifehacker.com/367558/fix-desynchronized-video-and-audio-with-vlc

This of course assumes that you have chosen VLC as an external player in the SopCast options. After that you will need to click on the button to start the external player from within SopCast (2nd button to the left of the play/pause button).

18. Phantoman

I found a better quality source for TVB, but unfortunately I don't have a good connection for it (like with ATV). Maybe others have more luck. Here is the URL which you need to enter in Windows Media Player, VLC or any other similar media players:

[HIDE=1]http://219.232.160.102/hgfc[/HIDE]

EDIT: In Windows Media Player (WMP) I had to enable RTSP/UDP in the menu Options -> Network to correct my streaming problems. Currently this one is much much better than SopCast with it's out of sync audio. Only WMP seems to be able to play this well at the moment.

#38 Phantoman, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  19. ukiya

ukiya New Member

I will try it to find out...

20. Phantoman

Added info on how to make the alternative TVB stream work correctly in WMP. This also fixed my ATV issue.

For the techies, if you want to re-stream these streams into something other than Windows Media Player (WMP), then you need to use Windows Media Services (in Windows 2003/2008) as a "distribution server" with HTTP streaming. This works fine with XBMC.