HiMedia Q3II?

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by EvilTofu, Jun 18, 2014.

1. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Father just bought HiMedia Q3II, so how do you get TVB or other shows from China?

I think he got some shows from the place he bought it at, but I only seen a few channels only. Might have to bring it back to get them to install more channels or something.

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I just got a Iplayer i5 like 2 days ago too. They had a lot of apps preinstalled though, so you can probably go back and ask for them to install it.

For the iPlayer, "HDTV" is the app for live coverage. "Replay" is for time-shifted broadcast. Then a bunch of other programs like "VOD" and "Youku" for drama watching, though they're a bit slow for updating.

The main two app, if you're watching daily is something similar to "HDTV" for live coverage and "Replay" for time-shifted broadcast. The app is different for TVpad too, so I assume so it's the same for HiMedia. I guess the best solution is to see if there are any active forums for your HiMedia and see how to install apps. iPlayer uses JellyBean so .apk file installation is easy (plug and install).

I watched Ultimate Addiction Epi. 11 on Youku, and they cut out the kissing scene of Kate and Nancy. :(

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

I connected it with a line now, so it's faster. Since it's in Chinese, my father seem to know where all the channels are now. I should had look through it more. At least he's getting the channels now.

But my brother said he should had gotten the TVpad, cause most of the people he knows got that and it has more functions or something like that. He said it now but should had told my father earlier and bought it instead of saying it after he bought it.

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

A lot of people I know have the TVPad too. But I think hardware wise, iPlayer i5 is better than the TVPad so we went with that (it was also cheaper). However I believe the apps on TVPad may be better.

There is a 5 minute delay on the live broadcast but I dont really mind about that. But for the time-shifted broadcast app, that's a pain in the ass. The quality is good, but it's also 5 minute delayed (so when I select 9:30, it still shows Monkey King before Ultimate Addiction for like a few minutes including commericials). And also, you cannot fast forward which I dont understand why b/c it's a archived broadcast. I'm not sure if TVPad has these problems though.