[HELP]Connect to tv from Pc...

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by inventorybox, Jun 9, 2007.

1. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

so svideo cable it is.
    thanx for the offer but i think i'll get my own.. cos i need a long 1...lol

2. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

ok btw you dont happen to switch on your mon and TV at the same time do you??

cause with my pc, if i switch on the mon, TV wont work, i have to make sure only the TV is switched on and plugged in

3. dragong87

might try that... bacause i thought with the dual screen it'd allow to screens to be plugged in.
    thanx for the advice

4. nunubutt

nunubutt Well-Known Member

sometimes it depends on your video card. IT has to be pretty strong to do it. Also you might not be able to have dual screen if your video card isn't powerful enough. You might only be able to have copied images or only one or the other but not both on.

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

anyone knows if an integrated graphics card can output to a tv with a s-video out or it doesn't work at all cause the display settings won't let it, already tried the switch display button on my laptop work for the dvi out but not for the s-video out. shit they built in a s-video out and theres noway to output it (that sucks) anyways i have a hp dv2000t.

6. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

An integrated card should be able to do it, but it would put a lot of stress on the CPU.

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

you know the directions on how to do it lol?

8. kontradictions

Hook up the S-Video cable and there should be a key on the keyboard that allows you to switch display outputs. This may require you to hold the Fn key while hitting the key. It should look like a monitor.

9. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

i find the black guy in your sig, very irritating lol

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Lol yes, disturbed my friend? lol anyways, i know how to use the fn and display key already lol, if its that easy i wouldn't have to ask, that works for the dvi output but not for the s-video output

11. kontradictions

Have you tried booting the system with the cable plugged in? I've used the S-Video out on my notebook and the connection seems to be automatic.

12. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

does your notebook have a dedicated graphics( nvidia, Ati) or is it the regular intel 900 series, not the newer one and is it vista? might have different results

13. dragong87

they video card should be able to do it.
    i know i can do dual screen with 2 dvi .. already tried that with 2 monitors.
    but don't know if it can do dual or extended with 1 dvi and another form of output
    the back of the card looks like this

[​IMG]

14. kontradictions

Yeah, its running the Nvidia 7600 on Vista.

15. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

thats why lol, nvidia 7600 probably has the ability to output to tv lol, integrated graphics i.e. intel integrated 900 series is the worst "graphics" card available nowadays lol, most likely not gonna work then-dead lol

16. kontradictions

That still shouldn't dictate whether or not you can run the system through a TV. Resolution wise, the settings while hooked up to a TV doesn't go very high. With my shuttle, I cannot run anything higher than 800x600 because the text would be impossible to read.

17. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol, i'll try the turn them both on the same time thing later lol but i think it makes the different because there is no options to do the output on the driver for the integrated card but on the nvidia driver, its probably easy as one click, like the ati driver on my desktop computer, click and BAM, theres my computer screen on the tv lol

18. kontradictions

Haha yeah. My desktop is still running AGP 8X and I had a 9800 All-In-Wonder on my system. It died a few months ago. I really miss that card. :(

19. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol i have a weaker version of that and it still haven't died out lol, its the basic 9200, shit sucks though, came with my VAIO

20. nunubutt

nunubutt Well-Known Member

I had an ATI AIW 8500Dv and last summer i just replaced that with AIW x800 XT

as for the video card... if it has Svideo you should be able to export it My friend had Nvidia once too, and they are a pain to get to show up on tv... Somethink like you have to have it connected before u turn on and then u have to use Nvidia's driver software to turn it in. It wont work by going to desktop - settings. Either that or your Vista is too new and maybe you need drivers or Nvidia support?