Heart of greed vs Heart of greed 2

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed II - 溏心風暴之家好月圓' started by demoniac, Sep 27, 2008.

1. sunnydaiz

sunnydaiz Well-Known Member

It's hard to say, I think both are interesting in their own ways. Here's hoping there's a 3rd season.

2. serebii

serebii Well-Known Member

definitely heart of greed 2, i love the storyline of it. it makes me feel so angry omg. really

3. devilz333

devilz333 Member

i like the second one, it's jus that it was too long!

4. tangoone1

tangoone1 Member

anyone still have the ep for dl ?

5. mrsus

mrsus Member

MR was a lot better than HOG! The plot didn't drag on as much, and Michelle Yim in MR was a much better "evil" person than Susanna Kwan was in HOG... I found that the drama in HOG was annoying and pissed the hell out of me... MR portrayed the evil-ness much better!

6. e5liu

e5liu Member

i watched the 2nd one before i watched the first one, and i felt like the first one was missing the wholeness factor.. nothing like the awesome family spirit in the 2nd

7. rakushin

rakushin Member

hog2 is better~~

8. rockroll

rockroll New Member

the second one 'Moonlight Resonance' is much more better.. not only of the plot is more interesting, even the love part of the series is more touching than then first one plus all the background songs... lastly the ending of MR is more realistic compared to HOG that both of them got married even they haven start dating before !!! that's complete lame for sure...

9. oneandonlytiffy

oneandonlytiffy New Member

in HOG, the love storyline was good and the family drama was cliché; but in MR, the love storyline was cliché, and the family drama was good! if only tvb had switched it around!

10. blueaura18

blueaura18 Active Member

i think the 2nd one is just slightly better. it take a little longer to get going but overall its more touching and has a nicer ending for me.

11. Jetez

Jetez Active Member

i think hog is much more funny and less dramatic and moses was the main character and MR is good too everyone was very into their characters but in every episode u can expect yelling and screeming

12. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i like moonlight resonance way way more. heart of greed gets boring at some stage

13. mcescher

mcescher Member

Agree. It took me a few weeks to finish HOG 1 thinking I needed to see that first before HOG 2. Finished HOG 2 in less than 2 weeks because it was so good. Realize didn't even need to watch HOG1.

14. machete

machete New Member

heart of greed 2 is better

15. SweetCookies74

SweetCookies74 Well-Known Member

Moonlight resonance FTW.
    but I hate kate. she's annoying.

16. Physica

Physica Well-Known Member

first one by far.
    Because when i was watching the second one, it was like the same idea also they have similiar ending as the first one.
    The idea of the second one is just not as fresh as the first one did.

o btw what was the actors name of the youngest brother that was in"manchester" HE CAN'T ACT... sorry but that was also a huge -point
    what also irritated me was the daughter that couldn't speak
    Also what does the people/directors of tvb have lately... all those disabled people in all these serie's not that i don't like them.

17. mochi21

mochi21 Member

'Moonlight' is so much better than the first. I so did not want to watch the 'Moonlight' because I thought 'Heart' was so bad that I cursed myself in renting it and wasting money. 'Moonlight' is much better despite of chessy scenes and predictable events it was still a much watchable sequel to the first. I think Moses even liked his character here more than 'Dak Dak Day' as he seem to act more natural.

18. DDdrama

DDdrama Member

The first one is better than the second one!!

19. DDdrama

DDdrama Member

The first one is better than the second one!!

20. or3olov3r

or3olov3r Member

HOG 2 mainly because of Raymond didn't die and was one of the main character