[Health] Lunch help

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by DragonBuster, Jul 31, 2008.

1. DragonBuster

DragonBuster Well-Known Member

Any idea for good lunch pack everyday for 5 days that still edible and tasty not stink without microwave? I have to stay on campus till 2:30 and have to take bus home will be tiring because I got to walk 40 min home since the timing for the 2nd bus is not till 4:00. I can't take campus fast food anymore too costly and I feel terrible after eating it. I can't change my class schedule. it sucks

2. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

You can try checking out the Food Networks webpage for quick and easy recipes that you can try out.

3. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol , i would bring sandwiches, or get those Bo Wun boxes and put rice in them, when u eat it , it should be still warm and edible :p,

4. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

well something i conjured up lately and its quite nice ^^ similar to Japanese bento

ingredients:
    Chicken breasts (you can get chargrilled chicken if you dont want to marinate the chicken yourself)
    Soy sauce,
    Sugar
    Salt
    Japanese rice
    Rice Vinegar
    Egg
    Cornflour
    Vegetable Oil

- Chop the chickens breasts into whatever shapes you want it, personally i want it like strips of chicken. put in a bowl, add two teaspoon of sugar and half a spoon of salt in, add soy sauce into it (splash but not too much) mix it together, then add a bit of cornflour so they dont stick together when cooking them and then add a little bit of oil so the chicken will absorb the flavour. Leave it for a while.

- Boil Japanese rice like you would with any rice in a rice cooker, when its done, leave it as it is - add rice vinegar (splash but not too much) and sugar in and mix it together with the rice. then leave it.

- Cook the marinated chicken, no need to add vegetable oil as the chicken already has vegetable oil when its use to absorb the flavour. cook it til you think its done. Add lots of soy sauce and sugar and test the taste of the soy sauce so it taste like sweet, well to what you think is best. everyone's taste is different :D

- When thats done, get the rice you have cooked and put the amount of rice you want into a bowl or pastic box or whatever you think is suitable, any container you wish to use to eat from. then put the chicken in on top

- Beat an egg. and have a saucepan with vegetable oil ready and just do a scramble egg. when you done your scramble egg, take it out and put it on a clean chopping board and cut it into little strips or whatever you want. a star/heart shape if you must :D then place it onto of the rice. and sprinkle the soy sauce you cooked with the chicken on top of the rice and chicken and egg. put enough and not too much.

- then let it cooldown and its done. seal it and take it with you to wherever you want and eat it. can be eaten cold and when you open it up, stir it around a bit so the rice gets the soy sauce.

unfortunately i dont have a picture of it at the moment >.<

the whole process takes about 30 mins

5. fafeifa

fafeifa Well-Known Member

Take some meal replacements from the supplement stores, ON, EAS or Labrada makes pretty good ones. You only need a shaker which i always carry in my bag a water fountain or if you want you can buy milk to mix it. FYI i have used MRP before hitting the gym for 2 hrs and never felt hunger i do eat some cereal bar or bananas with it of course i take another serving after the work out but the point is that you get plenty of energy. They are about $2 per serving i usually get them for $1 when they are on sale.