[Health] Flat Stomach: Any girls have that here and how?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by blackmagic, May 30, 2006.

1. blackmagic

blackmagic Well-Known Member

I know the majority of girls have tummies, and they have to work hard to acheive a flat one. I'm attempting hehe. What do you girls do? -what?

2. shy

shy Well-Known Member

Generally, I have a flat stomach. I used to have a 6 pack, but that was when I ran at least 4 miles every day and did at least 100 crunches.

Nowadays, I have a 4 pack. It's soooo hard to tone up the bottom part of my stomach. I run 3 miles every other day, and I do crunches (about 50). I also walk 2 miles every day and do a variety of other aerobics at the gym.

3. taichi_masta

taichi_masta Well-Known Member

omg...that is hardcore! -shock

I'm a guy, and haven't worked out in 5 years...but according to my calculations...jogging long distances is your best bet for losing some of the fat around the stomach area. I wouldn't even do crunches...unless you're crazy and want a six pack for some reason. But if you must, do your crunches after the jog so you don't strain your other muscles as much.

I'd use a treadmill (better on the knees and consistent ground) at a comfortably slow pace(running for a longer time burns more fat and builds less muscles), without any incline(unless you want muscular legs). 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week.

You should be sweating after the 30 minutes...and if you aren't, then you probably don't have a big enough tummy to worry about =P And eat what you normally eat, but add an extra serving of vegetables..cause you'll probably eat a little more when u start working out.

4. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

-shock I agree! Where do you find the will and time? I think I'd rather be fat..-sweat -cry2

* I have discovered smileys...*

5. wongv78

wongv78 Well-Known Member

Everyone has a six pack, that's the true. It's just being cover by a layer of fat. Believe it or not. With a proper low cal diet and min. excercise, everyone can achieve it. Then again, how many Azns you know that doesn't like to eat?

6. ayeitzsim114

ayeitzsim114 Active Member

crunches only builts your core... if u really want six pack u have to other exercise

7. shy

shy Well-Known Member

30 minutes a day, 5 days a week is not a lot. You have to be dedicated to your cause. The exercises I do nowadays are nothing. In high school, I was on the track and volleyball team. Prior to that I was a hardcore gymnast.

Exercising is great because not only does it help you relieve stress and stay fit, it also becomes addicting after a while.

8. soi316

soi316 Member

just exercise a lot and eat a lot of fruits if u wanna lose weight, then do sit ups to build ur packs if u want to

9. superkar

superkar Member

what sort of excercises would u do if u only want like oblique lines but not actually a 6 pac? this is for girls

10. honey_bunny

honey_bunny Active Member

I eat healthy and also walk after eating a huge meal to digest the food so that I don't gain weight in the tummy area

11. asianangel28

asianangel28 Member

100 situps a day

12. shyyun83

shyyun83 Active Member

i used to go to workout at gym, but after a year i just got fade up! i didn't see much difference. just maintaining. haven't been working out for quite a while. kinda miss the gym room now.

13. lettyyoung

lettyyoung Member

Yeah having a flat tummy is really soooooo harddddddddddd. It's so fun to eat but so difficult to excercise!

14. shar3

shar3 Member

nope i dun but working on ab workouts

15. HK! Fish

HK! Fish Well-Known Member

i just excercise everyday, or close to everyday, at least 4 hrs., go to the gym or some fitness place.
    not just excercise helps, but you gotta eat right too. after excercising I mostly wait about 20 mins. after the tiring, and then eat some salad or vegs. it really does help.

actually, i mostly excercise b/c it keeps you in good shape. even though i'm fat or skinny doesn't matter. but by then, you will have a nice flat stomache like mines.
    but one thing, excercise will make your life feel better. :)

16. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

To be honest, it's almost virutally impossible for a normal girl to have a flat stomach. Only super-athletes (ie. track athletes, triathletes, etc.) will have flat stomachs, as the average girl is supposed to carry around 20%-25% body fat. Female athletes will carry less than 12% of body fat, and that's why they don't get regular periods and will other problems. So to have a 'flat stomach' is not realistic.

You can have a toned stomach, which is basically where your stomach will look flat for the most part....

First, you have to lose the 'fat' that's around your stomach, and to do that is quite tricky. You can try cardio exercises and changing diets.

Next, after you've lost a good chunk of fat, you can do abdominal exercises like mad, and also cardio, to develop and tone the muscles there.

17. xlmisslmandylx

xlmisslmandylx Active Member

wow..its so not fair how guys can get abs so easily..and its hard for girls to just get a flat stomach >_<

18. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

=x i have a blubbery stomach,hehe.

19. aych

aych Active Member

Wow, u guys are like health masters. Yes im not a girl, but heres how i tell people to do it. All it takes is a balanced diet. Tip, eat slower, at least 15 min a meal, your stomach takes time to sense its full. Some people are born flat, and some are just well.. less flat?. you'll find if you try to suck in the tummy while u walk, after a few days, its almost a "crunchie" type equvalent

20. me, eat well,not too much, cut sweets, ull be amazed replacing all fluids with only water, also have fun,walking while u listen to music, doing ddr, not everything has to be all gym/fitness
    lost 3-5 lbs in a week, XD i don't know if thats healthy