Have you ever been robbed?

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by Sandy, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Sandy

Sandy Well-Known Member

I personally have never been mugged or robbed, but just last night my brother (who lives in Brooklyn, NY) phoned me and told me someone broke into his apartment. He had a whole bunch of stuff stolen when he got home from work... his digital camera, his laptop, his roommates laptop, and some money and stuff. Apparently people in NY jump from rooftop to rooftop and come down through the fire escapes and into your window. -what? SO has anyone ever been robbed and how did you cope with it?

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

You just cope with it. Buy new things, and decide to add an extra lock to the door and shut the curtain or put on the TV when you are out or something.

3. DuchSauce

DuchSauce Well-Known Member

Being robbed sucks, you feel violated, and angry that your stuff is gone. I've never been mugged, but my brother-in-law has, he took that as motivation to go to the gym, and take karate. "never again!" he swore.

4. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

Well.. I've never been robbed too and I'll like it to remain that way...

5. shadow85

shadow85 Well-Known Member

Better luck next time. I live in NYC and Ive seen and heard of these cases. I have Bars on my windows in the back. Dont need them in the front since its facing the streets. Well, it sucks to get robbed. Should try leave radio on or something to trick people into thinking u are home.

6. u will think noithing will be save anymore.. since u think things inside ur house is where its the savest place...

7. Candyshots

Candyshots Well-Known Member

I almost got filched twice in Stockholm. One time I felt someone was dragging my bag when I was shopping and when I looked back I saw a young boy stucking his hand in my bag after my wallet. I was so chocked that I just stared at him until he ran away. And that made me mad as hell for not doing anything.

The second time I was more brave =) I yelled at an old man when I realised that he was grabbing for my cellphone in my pocket. He just stood there and didn't move until the cafés waiters ran after him.

Haha, I must look like a rich girl =P

8. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

I'v never been robbed... except for once, where i had my virginity stolen. but to be honest, i kinda let that go.

9. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

BROKLYN!!!!!!!!!! BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.....if i was ther ill prob get robbed too lol

10. LMAO that is the greatest answer ever hahahahahaha

11. molestation from old teacher wouldn't really be considered gettin robbed...

12. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

hahahaha....oh damn...

13. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

buddy... 'OLD' teacher? the teacher who molested me was young and hot. Regular ol' milf -rockon

14. lol milfs aren't supposed to be young... -__-'

looks like the teacher robbed you of your education... -lol ohhh... sucka...

15. damn lol

16. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol thats actually pretty funny -noclue

17. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Yeah, something similar happened to me too; I stood by the exit in the tram as it was nearly my stop and I was staring outside. So it appears. I was actually watching the reflextion in the glass door and saw how a thief's hand trying to get in my shoulderbag. I looked back to let him know he's so busted. He quickly looked away and went to the front.

I wanted to point and scream "Hey, watch out people, that there is a thief!" but I didn't as I was afraid he'll come after me as I had to get at that moment and my stop is always deserted so I didn't want to take any risks.

Other than that I've never been robbed and I want to keep it that way.
    (unless you count how fcking schoolkids have stolen my new colour pencils with fruit odours at the age of 7?)

18. I have never been robbed thankfully. I live in kind of a rural area but the population has been on the rise. Most of the people in my area are all older adults or senior citizens. Kinda sucks, but it's reassuring to know that I live in one of the safer neighborhoods.

19. Vinnie_boy

Vinnie_boy Well-Known Member

nope never got robbed before. Cos i know how to handle situations where people come up to me... which is to run as fast as i can to the nearest shop lol

20. lol how are you supposed to know they're going to rob you when they're just approaching you..??