Have you ever been mistaken as Japanese instead of Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by joceyz, Jan 20, 2007.

1. mrskennykwan

mrskennykwan New Member

haha...what a good question XD
    but no i havent...i dont think...LOL~

2. Kiiro_Kun

Kiiro_Kun Member

well here is my storie ^^

When i was in japan they thought i was japanese och korean, an old ladie refused to belive that i am a Chinese !! Made a friend their that spoke english and a bit japanese so she told me that ^^ Tought that was pretty fun.

When i am in sweden i was mistaken for an eskimo once :S that was not as fun DAMN CAPTIAN was in army!!

And i am a chinese/vietnamese!!

3. chocobill

chocobill Member

lol yea cause i speak cantonese, mandarin, and japanese; usually when someone sees me speaking japanese they automatically assume me to be japanese but i am chinese!

4. WingLin

WingLin Active Member

yes when my boyfriend first met me he thought i was japanese..he said it was because of my body parts

5. AisuNinpo

AisuNinpo Member

people think that i'm flip o_O

6. serebii

serebii Well-Known Member

people used to call me Chinese guy, but sometimes they also call me a Japanese or Korean guy, never understood that. but they normally ask me which nationality I have got, before they yell at me

7. r74259

r74259 Member

no never, i wish

8. Takashi

Takashi Well-Known Member

I'm not chinese, I'm actually japanese haha but people always think i'm chinese for some reason. well at least they do until they hear that my name is takashi haha.

9. archang3la

archang3la Active Member

yes..and it's really often..
    I'm a Chinese but many people taught that I'm a Japanese..but no wonder I can speak Japanese more fluent than Chinese :lol:
    when I'm in Japanese restaurant., on the beach., or any places that many foreign people come

10. cry_babi

cry_babi Member

Lol... Yes!
    I have been mistaken to be Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, and so on before....
    It's quite awkward at first when they come up to you and speak some language you totally dont understand...

11. endlessluv42

endlessluv42 Well-Known Member

Yes, it happens all the time for me when I am out in our Korean town. Even some times, I get mistaken as Korean. I think it's because of my complexion, but anyways, it's still sort of cool to be mistaken!! ^^

12. jackycheunglove

jackycheunglove Active Member

rarely but it has happened.. seems like only westerners mistaken different types of asian ethnicities whereas i can tell a japanese person apart from a korean person anyday

however, i do have trouble telling a polish guy from a german or some other "eastern" ethnicity

13. hakga

hakga Member

Never in UK, not many Japanese (if any) around - maybe in big cities, but I grew up in a small town.

Though my friend and I were mistaken as Japanese in Nairobi - more in hope than actually thinking we were Japanese because the Japanese tourists are very generous with their money, and the Kenyans would crowd around or follow any Japanese lookalike to get some business.

14. ynot138

ynot138 Well-Known Member

All the time... I don't think people can tell the different......including me.

15. punk

punk Member

sometimes people mistake me for japanese.. but most asian people can tell what nationality i am.

16. xyinniex

xyinniex Active Member

not much, but sometimes because i have quite fair skin compared to many chinese.
    and i don't have the figure or style of a japanese girl, as much i would kill for one.

my mother has been mistaken for korean though.

17. onscreenkeyboard

onscreenkeyboard New Member

ive been mistaken for japanese 3 times

18. Wangleehom

Wangleehom Member

Not really, it's pretty easy to tell the difference.

19. NycAznBoy

NycAznBoy Member

I have never been mistaken but some of my friends has.

20. Sharza

Sharza Member

hi anyone here like pizza?