Hate Being At The Bottom of the Alphabet

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by Jeff, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I hate being at the bottom of the alphabet. You get no benefits whatsoever other than if you're going to present a project or something in alphabetically. But other than that, i HATE being at the bottom of the alphabet.

This is the story. I've picked volleyball as one of my high school course selections right? The guidance councilor called me down and said to me "Sorry, this volleyball course is full. And the avaliable spots left are Coding (with Computer), Visual Arts, and Fitness (3 day in the weight room in a week)." I obviously isn't really happy with this because i dont want any of those 3 courses. I also saw a list of names which is probably a list of other students who also have conflicts with their next year schedules. Really ticked off right now. I need an answer for them by monday.

I'm trying to get my dad to call the school and do something about it.. because if they force me into a class, i obviously wouldn't be too happy with it right? Which will affect my mood to learn in that class, and could possibly affect my mood to learn in my other classes.

So yeah..

2. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Doesn't your school go by a waiting list to get into classes?

It's not that big of a deal if you didn't get into the class. If it was a med school requirement on your last year of university then you would be worried LOL. How about just not taking any class and have a spare period?

3. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Wait, you get to pick volleyball for your elective?

4. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Kinda ironic how you pick zouter as your PA name

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Nope, can't have a spare in my grade. :S

Yes. this course is like.. in a week.. 3 days you focus in volleyball, then the other two you do something else.

LOLL! Yeah. But, first names doesn't really matter in our school really, other than if you have like a billion 'Chan's', THEN they go by first names. But my last name is at the verryyy bottom.

6. mr_evolution

When you think about it, being first isnt always good either

7. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

thats not fair how they put students based on alpha order, usually upper class men got first priority, then they pick randomly, ur school should do something like u pick a course u want, then pick 2 alternatives, then at least ur satisfied if u didn't get ur top choice. But in life u dont always get what u want, whats the big deal, even ur dad has to get involved............

lastly, i like being at the bottom of the alphabet :p

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

True.. so i guess being in the middle of the alphabet is good? But, in this case, being first is good xD

Well.. Upper Class men does not really affect me in this case because they take different courses for me.. like different course has different grade requirements right? That's why they dont affect me that much.

I think being at the top has more benefits than the bottom. Not saying that the bottom doesn't have any benefits. That's why being in the middle.. you dont really have any benefits or disadvantages, it's balanced out.

9. mr_evolution

You got that right -cool2

10. reno

reno Well-Known Member

still doesn't help u get any closer to stephy =P

11. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

it's usually first come first serve...

You might want to try fitness (weight training...build some muscles)

12. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Not really first come first serve in here since she goes down the list of names.. while being at the bottom.. i dont really get to be 'first'.

Don't really wanna build muscles.. dont wanna stunt my growth either

13. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Why not suggest the instructor to go in reverse alphabetical order?

14. racebannon

racebannon Well-Known Member

A while ago I read an article about the importance of names. It was quite interesting. It said that people with names early in the alphabet tend to be more confident and successful because from a young age they are used to being being first (being called early in the class register, stuff like that)

Looks like you are experiencing the flip side of this theory.

But I suppose if you feel like you've been given a raw deal you should maybe challenge it.

15. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

The article seems interesting.. i would give it a try and reading it.

It just sucks sometimes being at the bottom.. being last of everything.

16. racebannon

racebannon Well-Known Member

It's from a BBC Focus magazine that I read when I was waiting to get my hair cut. The online version of the article is here.

My name isn't "Race Bannon" btw. You may remember (or not) he was a character from Johnny Quest cartoon. I just think its a funny name. And yes I am aware that nobody asked that question, I was merely saying, just in case anyone thought that to be the case.

17. gyyr2

gyyr2 Well-Known Member

My dad told me that he gave me my first name starting with A was because during the exams, I would be handed the papers first. This will help me settle my nerves so that I can do well. True to his judgement, I did well but now I'm working at a pizza restaurant rather than someone who is a high flyer.

18. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol the only problem with being at the bottom was you're always the last one to leave if they had to take role at the end of class.