Has Korea Ever Copied The Chinese?

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by TvbAddict, Dec 7, 2005.

1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Illegal and fair? I thought that's an oxymoron right there... -unsure

2. compliant

compliant Well-Known Member

as a heads up, SHE's record company hired Sweetbox's Geo to compose "Super Star". you'll notice that the album that contains "China Girl" (Sweetbox's cover of "Super Star") was released after august 2003, i.e. when SHE's super star was released. it's called "hey I like my own work, I'll release it on my own album."

another heads up, chinese civilization started on the yellow river, not the yangtze.

third thing, yes, as everyone's been saying, when it comes to the popular music industry, most tunes are borrowed from Japan than say HK, Taiwan or Korea, simply because jpop's been around for longer. taiwan's once-frail pop industry began dominating only a few years after the koreans built up their hallyu. in order to become the best, you learn from the best. why do you think car purchasers would even trust toyotas, hyundais, sonys, samsungs and all those other japanese/korean brands? because they learned from the US, and improved on their flaws.

when it comes to traditional culture i.e customs and values, this should be a no-brainer. japan and korea adopted a large part of their cultures from the chinese.

3. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

Sometimes I'm amazed by how little we know about the history of the written language. The Chinese characters you see in the japanese Kanji and some Korean are copies of the chinese character back the days. The reason they might have different meaning right now is because the Chinese language evolved and words changed meaning. One example is the the word "青", right now in the chinese language, it means green, but in japanese its blue. But in ancient time, it actually meant blue in chinese.

4. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

In fact if you study the older Chinese used for pose composition and such, you'll realize that it is modern Chinese which had "evolved" -- the poses and passages written in older Chinese still utilize the "original" connotations and meaning of the characters.

Korea and Japan was hugely influenced by Chinese culture back in the dynasty times because China was powerful and aggressive in their trade. The notion of copy doesn't describe this influence in a fair light...

5. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

In terms of copying song, there are a lot of Korean remake of chinese songs too. I know Jacky's song been remade into Korean songs over the years, especially "Kiss Goodbye". Recently I know of the song "Tong Hua" thats been remade into a korean song too.

6. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Um, in historical terms, China was the envy of all the world, and countries like Korea and Japan tried to replicate every part of China from culture, language, religion, government, etc. by sending envoys over to China.. this was most prominent during China's Golden Age.

7. machi4u

machi4u New Member

pshhh.... china cant sing... taiwan > china

8. uraha

uraha Well-Known Member

everyone copies each other but the chinese tries to copy whats good but then makes it crap, the chinese nearly always produce cheap immitation crap.

9. Misa-chan™

Misa-chan™ Well-Known Member

Well i am Chinese. But there was a song i heard long ago that there was a song that the chinese took from another Korean song. The Chinese version did sounded alright.

10. Burpt

Burpt Member

11. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

umm.. you do realize taiwan and china are both inhabited by chinese people pretty much speaking the same language? so it's all a matter of where one is brought up. it has nothing to do with "china can't sing". it has to do with the person; where one is brought up is just a minor factor (of course location influences music styles, etc) but you can't say "china can't sing". yeah, you're right. countries can't sing. :p
    oh, how so? let's hear some examples.

12. Misa-chan™

Misa-chan™ Well-Known Member

I am chinese i am guessing that the chinese copies the Koreans i am sorry but have to say.

13. who cares, everyone has borrowed ideas from others at some point, its called progress.

14. ogbaka

ogbaka Well-Known Member

i would say yes, but that's how some ideas become better... just give them credit and you're ok... :)

15. xstarBURST

xstarBURST Well-Known Member

Dude, People who escaped to Taiwan was from china, so how can they be better than china? Learn your history. -__-' (like any of you will..)

16. surplusletterbox

surplusletterbox Well-Known Member

Yes, you are right that I have heard lots of very good original Korean songs and music. I believe the main contributing factor is that the Korean film and media have had huge amount of investment and after twenty/thirty years of economic prosperity the Korean people have much more money to spend on original art and music. This is also fuelled by the fact that many musicians had studied abroad and have returned to Korea with much greater creative power.

17. shingo58

shingo58 Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zero_c
    Sometimes I'm amazed by how little we know about the history of the written language. The Chinese characters you see in the japanese Kanji and some Korean are copies of the chinese character back the days. The reason they might have different meaning right now is because the Chinese language evolved and words changed meaning.

I agree. Japanese and Korean words were derived from Chinese words.

18. sz_Tiffiie_sz

sz_Tiffiie_sz Active Member

in the bginning, it was equal...then the industrializations hapened...now it chinese copy korean ; music. but korean languae, if yu listen close, its close to chinese. like Chun bi means ready? in china its jin bei. its not a bad thing tho.

19. Li-thal

Li-thal Active Member

everyone copies off of the US.......ex: Hip-Hop, R&B,etc............but once in a while some asian country comes up with sumthin original that makes other countries like the US and other asian countries to copy off of them........ex: infernal affairs, full house...................... i would say rain n se7en but they're just the asian versions of usher n JT

20. dawgxmaster

dawgxmaster Well-Known Member

of course.