Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Maverick, Jul 17, 2007.

1. jcy_yan

jcy_yan Well-Known Member

Scholastic has recently learned that some individuals have received copies of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows through the mail , beginning on Tuesday, July 17th, as a result of a breach of the on-sale agreement by the distributor, Levy Home Entertainment, and shipments made by DeepDiscount.com, a customer of that distributor. We are taking immediate legal action against DeepDiscount.com and Levy Home Entertainment. The number of copies shipped is around one one-hundredth of one percent of the total U.S. copies to go on sale at 12:01 am on July 21st.

We are also making a direct appeal to the Harry Potter fans who bought their books from DeepDiscount.com and may receive copies early requesting that they keep the packages hidden until midnight on July 21st.

2. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

The Star's excuse was that they were just covering the story on the leak like everyone else.... Except everyone else reported on the leak without revealing anything <_<

3. jcy_yan

Harry Potterrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

i thought it would have been a lot bigger

5. jcy_yan

it's like 700 and something pages

I'm pretty sure the one he posted is a fanfic

6. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

lol...is this illegal ? =p

7. jcy_yan

Dude, if it's a fanfic then it's legal but read it, it isn't a JK Rowling Harry Potter book!

Some kid wrote it

8. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

its all relative buddy

9. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

well if it's a fanfic.. it's not illegal cos the original writer put it up? :S

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

fanfic? so this is a phony?..not that i was gonna read it..i prob won't get pastt the first page

11. jcy_yan

Dude, posting the actual book is illegal

Fanfics are over all the web...

12. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

u didn't tell me wat a fanfic is lol!!!

13. jcy_yan

I wanted to clarify in case you didn't know

14. i still haven't finished the 6th book yet... kinda spoiled everything when idiots told me who died in the end...

15. yeewah82

yeewah82 Member

this is good movie-clapclap

16. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

fyi there is another author out there writing the same story with different plot and i have those lol...

17. saikira

saikira Well-Known Member

lol, omg, just read in the news that some1 leaked out the harry potter book, and the user of photobucket is seriously goin to get in trouble, cause he scanned each page and teh investigators found fingerprints on the pages! seriously
    so beware, just buy it, instead of dling it, could get u in trouble

18. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Or some of the pages could be fake and you would be wasting your time reading it. I think that's also a reason not to Dl it... -rolleyes

19. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

and major bookstores in malaysia have announced that HP7 will not be on sale during the launching day and all activities pertaining it will be canceled as well...reportedly there are cheap sales in other local stores as cheap as MYR69.90 perbook....damn i got it for MYR 90++ and only given a fuking mug and paperbag as freebies...

funny thing is i saw them heavily promoting the book and even countdown for the book a few days earlier...i guess this sweeps away my excitement...

20. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

thanks mav.... kinda scared to read it ..... watch i get to the last finish reading and its actually like 10 pages b4 the real ending of the book..... probly still gonna buy the book wethere or not i read this