Hacken Lee Joins EEG Family

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Phoenix, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Hacken 2.jpg

Singer Hacken Lee (李克勤) officially announced that he is joining EEG (Emperor Entertainment Group) now, the transfer fee he was given is enough to last him through “two generations”. Being an avid football fan, Hacken described the move as
    “I’ve played in the Premier League for a long time, time for change and try out La Liga instead”.

“I’m not an artist that likes to change around much, I’ve been with Universal for over 20 years so it was a very hard decision for me to make. There was lots of things to consider, the first person I asked was Alan Tam (譚詠麟), he’s no different from my dad. I remember that day I was playing football with him, I asked that I had plans to leave, and he was momentarily shocked. 30 seconds later, he told me ‘Artists are like the price of seafood, if today another football team offered you a transfer with that amount of money, then you should go’. I was stunned at his answer. ”

Hacken admitted that when he got home, he was thinking about Alan’s answer and realised that Alan was speaking from a friend, father and family’s point of view. However from a professional business point of view, he was reluctant to let Hacken go. Hacken asked Alan whether he would film a short clip but Alan had waved aside the idea stating that it would be slightly awkward and so he would congratulate him in private instead. Even though it will be hard leaving his old battle friends, he is glad that he is able to depart under good terms with the former companies.

Finally to welcome the “zero defects” Hacken, EEG’s boss Albert Yeung (楊受成) held a 10-table banquet bringing along many of the company members along. Albert had even organised a 15 person orchestra band to play Hacken’s classic hits throughout the night. Lawrence Cheng (鄭丹瑞) was also invited to be the MC for the evening, and many clips of his friends welcoming Hacken was shown in homage. Nicholas Tse’s (謝霆鋒) manager Mani Fok (霍汶希) even gave Hacken his own football shirt with “7 HACKEN” on it.

Hacken3.jpg Hacken.jpg

~~~

cred: oncc

2. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Always thought he was with EEG cause of all the duo performances he did with Joey....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. mytlcs

mytlcs Well-Known Member

the transfer fee was big enough to last 2 generations.. so retirement money there... don't have to work as hard. milk what he can now....

• Like Like x 1
  4. those joey x hacken concerts must of done very well :chow: