Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by _Fahrenheit_, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Anyone here pre-purchased the game? If so, leave nametag and lets party up in game?

Im playing on the server Crystal Desert.

2. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

AFter watching the gameplay for this, it made me continue and stay with TERA.......but hey, it's free.....

3. Woot got on the GW2 boat. Gotta wait til Tuesday to play though...

4. Switched serers to Northern Shiverpeaks now :3

5. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

What server are you guys all on? I haven't even started cause I'm trying to pick a home world. D:

6. Northern Shiverpeaks

7. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I've switched to Gates of Madness, and I believe Dan is on here as well. If anyone was wondering.

8. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

only losers play this game play real game like diablo 3 :trollface2:

9. Ver.Ka

Ver.Ka Active Member

its sold out everywhere right now for me D=

10. I swear to god my server is filled with idiots.

In today's WvW, there was a massive breach in the wall, and the zerg mass still insisted on breaking down the gate.
    [​IMG]

... the purpose was to grab this orb, bring it back to Garrisson. Some retard decided to take the orb, and PUT IT BACK ON THE ALTAR. (This is permanent, unless the keep is taken by other servers).
    [​IMG]

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeerp Deeeeeeeeeerp I should put this game away lol.

11. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

oh god....this graphic is horrid...one of the reason y i didnt get the game....

12. Well if you're basing it on my screenshots, then obviously it's not the best graphics.

13. Ver.Ka

Ver.Ka Active Member

what server do u play on?

14. Gate of Madness

15. Ver.Ka

Ver.Ka Active Member

oh nice, switched servers from Dragonbrand to Gate of Madness

i jus started playing, idk wut class to choose lol

16. Good to hear. Whatever class you decide to choose, if you decide to WvW, just make sure you understand the goals of WvW lol.

Also, I need to say that this is turning out to be a better game than I thought LOL. I was never a story guy, and I typically buy these games purely for the PvP. However, if you chose your story line as if you would choose them in real life, to some, it can get to your head lol.

Before y'all think I'm crazy when you read this, I know it's a game, however I'm imagining how it would feel if the following storyline occurred in real life.

I chose the Noble storyline and the Vigil order. For the question about what you fear the most (death of an innocent, mistake that cost you the respect and confidence of your team, and causing the death of a friend), I chose the mistake that costs you the respect and confidence of your team.

IRL I love being a team lead, and the confidence and trust of the team is critical to the efficient running of the group, especially in the army. If this game was real life, being a second-in-command is a huge task, and the confidence of your army is critical. Well, the game decided to have me accidentally kill off a chunk of my own army, thinking they were undead. I know this is a game, but if this was in real life, this is the worst fear of a general. To make it worse, they make me hallucinate (i.e. unfit for duty. Also something I don't want to hear in real life lol).

When Kernsson (Tybalt equivalent) died, I was like meh. W/e it was expected. When this happened, holy fuck, I kind of understand how ancient leaders might have felt when they had power, lost it, and lost the confidence of their army.

I know, I know, it's a game. But just imagine if it was IRL lol.

#16 Dan, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  17. Sigh, I might switch servers.... Gate of Madness should be renamed Gate of Sadness filled with complete WvW idiots...

Edit: I finally understand.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...rver_is_exploiting_wvw_but_the_end_result_is/

Yes, that thread's OP is talking about Crystal dessert, and we're one of the other servers.

WvW is not the only place with retards. PvE has retards too.

The biggest one is called Trahearne.

#17 Dan, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  18. Ver.Ka

Ver.Ka Active Member

lol, why is that Gate of Madness is always losing in WvW...

19. You know, I ask myself the same question. We get glimmers of hope, and then we lose. Rinse and repeat.

Just as reset started, we did very well in capturing SM from Eternal Battlegrounds. And then, the group of retards that are GoM decided to go grub hunting, while the keep next to it gets captured uncontested. At that point I raged quit.

Logged back on to see we somehow got 3 orbs. With some organization, (currently) we've managed to contain the random Yak Bend and Blackgate raids.

But, knowing GoM, we may easily lose it overnight. We'll see tomorrow morning. I'll update.

What server you on Ver.Ka?

Well fuck me, I just read that apparently GoM hacked to get the orbs. Fuck GoM man. Fuck GW2.

#19 Dan, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  20. Ver.Ka

Ver.Ka Active Member

I'm on the same server as you, but I'm considering switching servers since we always lose in WvW