Google Glass Project Sees the World Through AR-Tinted Glasses

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Dan, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Source: http://www.technewsworld.com/story/...he-World-Through-AR-Tinted-Glasses-74784.html

I cannot wait for this technology to be released. This is going to open up a huge market. I cannot wait to develop some apps on this.

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

It's a pretty cool technology i gotta admit.. but it looks kinda weird when u wear it

3. They said the same about bluetooth earpieces, tablets, cellphones and all ubiquitous technologies we take for granted today, and in the past. New technologies with high potential will become ubiquitous once society begins adopting them in mass.

I for one cannot wait until it happens for this. Did I say that before? lol

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I guess you can always hide the pieces if you have long hair ;)

Wonder how the price will be..

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

geeks:facepalm:

6. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I read this yesterday on BBC News. Well the price isn't known and it isn't fully out in the market for sale yet, they are just getting feedback...for now...

First view, it look too good to be true. But it's true (like stated) and imo the price would most likely be set at a premium. The only problem I could see here is like all voice input, if you can't pronounce the word properly, it wouldn't recognise it. Photos too, haha in HD quality, really?

7. I'm sure you've noticed, geeks are the ones who created the shit you rely on every day, and are the ones who run the world lmao

It's just a matter of refining. Google voice does a fairly good job at that, compared to its competitors, but again, it's just a matter of time and refinement.

8. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

and get no pussy until they are 40 :trollface2:

9. Hahaha the same goes with people who are too old to be shit talking like high school kids

10. [​IMG]

I bet the first app to be made will be:

[​IMG]

11. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

i buy one if i can see thru girl.. lol

Anyway i think it is a cool technology but i dont think they will release in 2-3yr.. probably many years..

12. They said in the article that they were in testing phase. That means they have a prototype. It doesn't take 2 years to become a sellable product.

13. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Tape your phone to a rod to your headband

14. Now I wonder what the first gen resolution is going to look like...

15. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

a head up display for every day life

16. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Ahhh no wonder why it look so familiar, it's the guy from DBZ (can't remember his name, but he is a bad guy).

I sense that many people using this will get robbed lol, no where to hide it when in use.

17. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

u don't know vegeta? what a fail. FAIL! u FAIL at lifes! :facepalm:

18. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Oh damn that's VEGETA? LOL damn, all this time I thought it was some other guy. Yeah I know who Vegeta is but the DBZ movie I had was in Chinese (cantonese) and I didn't know their names in Cantonese. Yes...I watched the one in english too on Cartoon network and others...

19. [video=youtube;v1uyQZNg2vE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1uyQZNg2vE[/video]

20. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^
    The good thing I could see from that video footage is the convenience because you are no longer restricted to holding them, PLUS, it relies heavily on voice-command and I suppose internet too. The problem that I could see (in the long run) is that, since it only goes over one of your eyes, won't one of your eye be 'more' damaged? Like, it is very close to your eyes and I was wondering, how are you suppose to see it if it is that close?