GoodBye Wong Ka Nam(Esther)...

Discussion in 'Best Selling Secrets - 同事三分親' started by tien317, Mar 2, 2008.

1. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Translated by: aZnangel @ http://************
    Source: The Sun

Esther Kwan blows off "Best Selling Secrets": She leaves the series

Esther Kwan the female lead of TVB's sitcom "Best Selling Secrets" unexpectedly decided to quit! The entire crew also feels its very sudden and also rumored that she has another baby for her reason to quit.

The 24/7 mother Esther Kwan has always worried about her daughter, always do everything first for her daughter, therefore she does not meet up with cast members very much. But, before CNY she suddenly wanted to have a dinner reunion with the BSS crew, afterwards, it was revealed that the script has changed and the character Wong Ka Lam will be taken out and leave for a long vacation. Everyone feels that the dinner reunion was actually the farewell dinner!

The other cast members has often tried to test Esther and see what was the real reason why she took off, but she did not say anything, only that she is only taking a 2 month break. She admits that after her break is over, she would return to filming. Although the cast said that because she is pregnant so she decided to quit, however the truth is not that! Because Esther and Nick are both working at the same time, she is worried that no one will be able to take care of her daughter, also she hopes to have another baby, and so she decides to stop working. So, taking a long break is just an excuse, she will not be returning to the BSS crew!

"Best"'s producer Mr. Lo (羅鎮岳) admits that Esther's parts will be finished first, before she leaves for a long vacation and other all parts related to Esther will finish broadcasting at the end of this month (March). He denies that its because she does not care and just leave, its because she needs to take care of her daughter. She has once suggested to proceed, but was not successful. Mr. Lo strongly emphaizes that the series will not be affected. He has confidence that it will maintain its quality, because there are many themes in the series and also added many different cast members such as Wong He and Suki Chui, etc.

Nick Cheung: She wants to take care of daughter
    The media has tried to contact Esther Kwan, but she has not responded yet. Nick Cheung accepted the interview and denied that his wife is pregnant, she's not filming series because she wants to take care of her daughter and give her the most attention. She hopes to spend the time with her daughter as she grows up, but he admits that they do want to have another baby. Asked if he will film a series with TVB, he expresses that he will have a look at the scripts first before deciding.

Cant believe Esther is leaving the show.No wonder these few episodes focused on her and Vincent alot.But now, how are they gonna turn the story around?Poor Vincent....Oh, welcome Wong He and Suki to the show...wonder what roles they will be playing....BSS is rumoured to end at 328 episodes.

[youtube]PC0cyevaCwc[/youtube]

#1 tien317, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  2. stawbewii

stawbewii Well-Known Member

=O how can best selling secrets air without Esther!!!! nuuuu!
    she's the main~
    so, i guess there won't be 500 episodes anymore??
    hmm..wonder what long half hr series they gonna have next ^^
    i relli like bss =[

3. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye she is the main character thats why i suspect thats the reason the series is now reduced to 328 episodes. thats better though cos i ddin't rele want the series drag on to 500 episodes. but i wish they just stopped earlier and have a better ending rather than this happening. but i guess they might have filmed the ending with her and she just leaves for a vacation in the series. so it will still be ok i guess. we will just have to wait and see.

4. Gurl88

Gurl88 Active Member

it sucks to hear esther leaving!!!! and i agree with TIEN317 ... no wonder the past few episodes focus on her a lot more!! usually it kinda drags their relationship!!! but i hope she will come back to do more TVB series!!!

5. bbes

bbes Incredible

hmm im sure she will but she prob won't do long series like this one. i guess at the start she was fine with it cos it was only gonna be 120 episodes but then it got extended and then extended again and i guess she didn't want it dragging on for so long and she prob didn't expect to be working for such a long time.

6. TimG

TimG New Member

I dun want her to leaveee.. Hope she'll be back oon

7. bbes

bbes Incredible

she might make perhaps a few appearances towards the end of the show perhaps thats if we are lucky or they may have just recorded the last few episodes with her in it now.

8. monkiesxrule

monkiesxrule Well-Known Member

wonder which episode will she leave at?

9. sakurafossil

sakurafossil Well-Known Member

awww soo unexpected!

10. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye i know its unexpected, i guess she will leave sometime next month as they film like 1 month in advance i reckon and if she's leaving at the end of this month it will mean that she will prob leave next month.

11. they said her part will finish in mid March... so i guess it's either next week or the week after -cry2

the first time i heard a show's gonna keep running without the main character...

12. lilbluee.gal

lilbluee.gal Member

Sigh....gona miss Esther >< She's such a great actress and everyone was so hyped to see her back again. Now she's going again.. >< I wonder how they're going to wrap up the storyline now.... There's like a freaking HUGE chunk left out now ==""

13. bbes

bbes Incredible

well its been shortened and i guess they have to show the endings to all the other characters too, not just wong ka lam.

14. sakurafossil

sakurafossil Well-Known Member

cant believe she is leaving the show!

15. love_of_tvb

love_of_tvb Well-Known Member

her last episode will air on 3/12.

16. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

I think the story will say she leaves for US....Hope they will do it nicely...

17. bbes

bbes Incredible

3/12 thats like only 3 more episodes left. i wonder what the reason would be though to leave for US.

18. carpediem

carpediem Active Member

Aww man, she's the lead, how can a series survive without a female lead? Hope we can still see her in other shows.

19. atlantis

atlantis New Member

is this a good series

20. RockyChar

RockyChar Member

This is acutally a good movie!