[Girls Only!!] Period problems

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by weedpeach, Aug 26, 2006.

1. fangoa

fangoa New Member

your not pregnant if your period just comes late and you know you havent had any sexual intercourse. but rather than asking people on a forum, your best option is to go to a doctor. alot of people are late depending on different reasons such as stress and dieting and most people are late once in a while. ive had friends that have had their period for a year and then all of a sudden stopped. dont jump to conclusions or start taking the pill, you should always ask your doctor first because there are alot of risks.

2. dw la... this happens to A LOT of young girls... my period used to come once every 2 month till i was 19 or something... dw... as u grow older it'll change... n also if u stress out too much it might effect ur periods too... i used to know a girl, her periods come every 3 to 4 months...

if ur still really worried then go c a doctor... :)

3. pisha

pisha Well-Known Member

some people just have crazy periods... maybe you should see a doctor about it...do you think the pill would help?

4. fruity dofu

fruity dofu Well-Known Member

hmm..maybe it can also be the stuffs you eat..cuz i heard drinking and eating cold things could affect when your period comes..but im not sure if it is true or not..yeah..like everyone said..think it is best for you to go for a check up..

5. DEE.

DEE. Member

A lot of people have irregular periods. My friend does, she went to go see her primary doctor and her doctor prescribe her meds to make her period come regulary. I remember there was a time when she hasn't had her period for about 2 years. O.O

6. wow... when it comes to 2 years i guess it is very serious... sounds like some kinda hormone disorder... is ur fd trying to lose weight n not eating properly??

but 2 months doesn't sound like a big problem...

7. tamagos2

tamagos2 Member

aww don't worry; 2 months is nothing. I scared my ex shitless when mine didn't come for almost 4 mths! but yeh no baby mama drama.

stress..hormonal imbalance..diet..there are many contributors.

If you're worried, go see your GP; my friend did and her GP gave her some medication to regulate her menstrual cycle.

8. grumpy123

grumpy123 Member

maybe your period is irregular. i have that problem. it comes every 2 to 3 months. sometimes a lot or very little.

9. babyyjuju

babyyjuju Well-Known Member

my friend had problems with hers too. her period came once in 5 months. she even toke birth control but it didnt really help.

10. ambrosia

ambrosia Active Member

its usually due to stress or your change in diet. Its happened to me before too but usually no more that two to three months. So dont' worrie for now. If your next period still doesn't come i suggest you see a doctor.

11. leelee

leelee Well-Known Member

i ALWAYS miss it, usually its miss for 6 months, then i get it normally for 6 months then another 6 months without it and so on

12. je_taime_j

je_taime_j Member

ur fine.. a lot of my friends don't get their period in time.. uncluding me.. :p.. so relax.. oki

13. xdopeylicious

xdopeylicious Member

Stress, state of depression, change or weather or environment condition, worry.
    I suggest you to go see your doctor.

14. jennstrange

jennstrange Member

my period used to be irregular back when i was 18 or 19. plus i had a lot of acne. i had an irregular amount of estrogen, so my doc recommended that i try the pill. i haven't really experienced side effects.. just a slight weight gain. but atleast my acne is gone and i know exactly what day my period should arrive. it is a shorter and lighter period with less cramps etc. i'm 23 now and still on the pills - so it works for me.

15. StevenC_S2

StevenC_S2 Member

It probably depends.. cuz mine didn't come since June.. until this week and apparantly I was told it was because I was overweight.

16. bry0155

bry0155 Member

It happen to many ppl
    But if before your period is normal and suddenly didnt come fr months
    then you have to seek fr doctor

Hopefully it's juts bcs of stress or minor things

17. mwai007

mwai007 Well-Known Member

have some evening primrose oil, that stuff work wonders. (I'm a pharmacology graduate)

18. candy791

candy791 Member

how old are you? It's normal if you just started having you period..as in you had it for less then 2-3 years..because it takes about 2-3 for you period to come in a exact time period!

19. evalnekochan

evalnekochan Well-Known Member

never happened

20. sn00py

sn00py Well-Known Member

stress and worry is my guess but I heard over excercise can also be possible. Since you are likely a young adult, your hormon may be imbalance. Other unlikely reason I can think about is you took birth control pills for an extended period of time so the pipe got stuck. heheheh...

Best way is to talk to your own doctor/physician or get referal to see an OB.