Gillian Chung's Celebrity Friends' Generous Wedding Gifts

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Dec 9, 2018.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Gillian-Chung-HK-banquet-2018.jpg

After Gillian Chung (鍾欣潼) and Taiwanese doctor, Michael Lai (賴弘國), held their wedding in Los Angeles earlier this May, the couple are moving forward to register their marriage on December 18 and then hold their wedding banquet in Hong Kong’s The Ritz-Carlton Hotel on December 20.

Celebrity Friends Send Blessing and Gifts

Gillian’s friends were very generous in sending their blessings and gifts. Gillian’s boss, EGG founder, Albert Yeung (楊受成), is gifting Gillian a new apartment and is paying for her wedding banquet. Label mates, Joey Yung (容祖兒) and Charlene Choi (蔡卓妍), are providing a nearly seven-feet-tall wedding cake, while Nicholas Tse (謝霆鋒) and Leo Ku (古巨基) are sponsoring Gillian’s wedding pastries.

Gillian is moved to tears by her friends’ gestures, “My EGG sisters and brothers are so considerate. Charlene and Joey bought a very beautiful cake from the Mandarin Hotel. It won a lot of awards, and it is valued at six-figures. I have never reserved such an expensive cake in my life! Nicholas customized the pastries for the Mainland media and friends. Yumiko (鄭希怡) added a pair of socks on the gift boxes to represent ‘a perfect match.’ Leo temporarily closed his business, Alice Wild Luscious, to make my pastries for my Hong Kong friends.”

As Gillian’s big day is approaching, she is nearly done with her preparations. “The registration ceremony will be simple, and will be attended by both sides of the family, along with some friends. Mr. Yeung [Albert Yeung] will be the witness, and there will be some photographers there to help me make a film. I plan to show everyone the film at the wedding banquet. There will be 38 tables at the banquet, and the guests consist mostly of my friends, and some of Michael’s friends from Taiwan.”

Creds: Ming Pao

• Like Like x 1
  2. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Whoa congrats to her and wow what an awesome boss....Wish I had one like that!