Gigi Leung and Ekin Cheng break up!

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by sir_denster, Jan 7, 2006.

1. sir_denster

sir_denster Well-Known Member

The year 06 has begun and the first pair in the entertainment circle have split. Six years ago Ekin and Gigi received a lot of pressure stepping into the relationship road. No one predicted that yesterday rumors of their split would spread. Both Gigi and Ekin’s managers have confirmed this situation.

Six years ago, when Gigi Leung stepped into Ekin and Maggie Siu’s relationship they were titled 「奪麵雙琪」(Meen refers to Ekin and Seung Kei is both Gigi and Maggie because of the same Kei in their chinese name). When Ekin and Gigi liked each other they were named [Bad Hearted People]. Gigi was also accused of stealing someone else’s boyfriend. So the sacrifice the two made for this relationship isn’t small. But after many years, the public started accepting the two. The two have always refused to take pictures together and even cooperate together. Gigi always denied it but many reports have been made about this situation causing both Ekin and Gigi to come out and deny. The two expressed that their relationship was stable and the two will even go vacation during Christmas together.

Gigi expressed on Christmas Eve that she will rest and go on vacation with her boyfriend. She won’t appear at any awards ceremony. So everyone thought they would have a sweet Christmas but never would have guessed it would be a split up Christmas

Yesterday reporters contacted Gigi’s manager, she confirmed that Gigi and Ekin have split. (Didn’t Gigi say that she and Ekin would go to Japan for Christmas vacation together?) She replied, “To my understanding, they didn’t even go. I know that Gigi went to Taiwan to work for Christmas. But the company will limit an Artist’s personal time and activities.

Gigi’s manager revealed that the two had reached mutual agreement on this split. The two are always individually busy and had very little time to see each other. Gigi requested for more time to spend with her family. (Was there a third person?) Gigi’s manager said, “The two’s split has already happened so the outside shouldn’t speculate”

When asked again who wanted to split up first, Gigi’s manager refused with a straightforward reply. She only said, “Who started it isn’t under the control of us.” So is this a hint it was Ekin’s idea to split up first? She replies, “You can go ask Ekin yourself. I can only say that the two have split but will remain friends.” (What are Gigi’s feelings right now? Is she not happy?) Gigi’s manager said that the company of course does not want its artists not to be happy, but she herself thinks that Gigi’s feelings are stable and will continue work.

On the other hand Ekin’s manager said, “This is personal stuff so as a manager I can only confirm the two’s split. Ekin will appear at a camera function very soon, at that time he will reply to the matters. I can only say, even if they can’t work it out as a love partners, they can still be friends. The also two reached mutual agreement before they split!”

asianfanatics

2. uh oh... i thought they were getting married. ;s

3. Eve

Eve Well-Known Member

wow, they invested 6 years into the relationship? Didn't know they'd been dating for so long. Hope it was an amicable split.

4. Fobstar

Fobstar Guest

wow i had no idea they were even dating and for 6 years? damn no1 told me! probably the best kept secret in my life haha

5. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

same here man......6 yrs!!!!!!

haha me and my last ex lasted 4 5 months

this is off topic but n e body no who kelly chen is dating now

suppose 2 b datin sum1 but i dont no who

n e body no??????

6. hosuenga

hosuenga Member

woah.. really 6 years??
    hahah i thought they weren't so close after all.. didnt even knew they were together.. =S

7. wazesz

wazesz Active Member

dont worry i didnt know too. but for 6 years!!! thats insane. Why is it so hard for celebrity to stay together?

8. probably cause they always apart ... busy with work...

9. ganari

ganari Member

i also thought they was gonna do the marriage thing

10. Fobstar

Fobstar Guest

Some more on the Ekin + Gigi saga
    --------------------------------------

m800442SP.jpg
    The incessant gossip concerning the breakup of Ekin and Gigi gave rise to a number of avoidance measures by them both. Gigi was first to meet the press. She looked visibly tired and upset, but she confirmed the breakup saying it was because feelings had changed, and work for them both is so busy that they seldom had time to be together, but added that they are still friends. Gigi wrote a letter for the media to explain that she and Ekin parted amicably and she hoped that the media would give them space and time.

There is also speculation that Ekin is considering moving away from Sai Kung to Li Shan so as to make a clear break from Gigi.

Some reports indicate that Gigi had worked hard to try to save this relationship, from asking her record company to give her more time to be with family and cancelling events to spend time with Ekin. Her intention had been to go to Japan with Ekin, but it seems they argued before he left and so while Ekin went to Japan with his manager and friends, she changed her plans and went to Taiwan with her mother, hoping that each could think about the rift between them. It seems that when Ekin returned he raised the idea of parting company, they talked about it and agreed to peacefully part.

Reports also talk about the fact that Ekin supports Maggie Sui financially, which did not please Gigi, in addition she found it hard to bear the fact that Ekin's career was not as active as her own. She spent many months away from Hong Kong and so she was seldom able to spend time with Ekin.

credit:
    http://www.cyklin.com/

11. its weird how they had a press conference to announce their break up? like wtf thats theiir personal life...why bring it to the media and stuff..

12. 3riQa

3riQa Member

for real?! lmao i thought thy broke up a long time agoo..
    musta heard something else.

13. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

When does this happen??

14. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

It this some kind of hollywood!
    Six year?
    My is not even year.

15. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

The world is going crasy like hollywood

16. silver_angel

silver_angel Member

six years wasted. thats kinda sad

17. ttt

ttt Member

Charlie Yeung has commented that she is worried about Gigi, lets hope Gigi can get over it soon!

18. ttt

ttt Member

support GIGI!

19. The Lone Moon

The Lone Moon Well-Known Member

Awww... how unfortunate. ~_~ I guess being a popular star does take a nutty amoutn of time for dating, and good relationships requires a lot of time together..... Poor guys. Hopefully they'll get back together soon out of nowhere or something, so nothing is wasted!!! ^.^;;

20. boiboi67

boiboi67 Active Member

they split...nooo...they seem so good 2gether...well thats wat work takes up...hope they both ok