Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain - 寒山潛龍 (2014)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by Jeff, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

[​IMG]

Don't know how long I'll last with this. Never enjoy ancient dramas but I'll give it a try!

2. saw half of first ep ...June and Pierre act very modernly lol -lol ...maybe its a light hearted anicent drama

3. wal

wal Well-Known Member

it seems to be, yes, at least it also seems to be better than what tvb has to offer right now (besides come home love), so i really look forward to more of this.

also, when was the last time tvb produced a wuxia show? i've always liked these, hope they have some kickass abilities like the good old smiling, proud wanderer.

4. shingster

shingster Member

This show certainly interesting

Been a while since I seen a Kenneth and Selena pairing

Hope this show doesn't disappoint

5. they are cute together! and what a funny couple -lol

seen 3EP it has action, comedy, and bit of case solving ...enough for me to continue :)

6. zack55555

zack55555 Well-Known Member

probably one of the better series in a long long long time... good title theme, good actors, good humor, storyline wise nothing we haven't seen before but well executed. i really like candy chang, her looks reminds me of christine kuo but of course, candy's acting is waaay much better and speaks fluent cantonese <3 ... the girl who plays the female constable is also quite good.

kenneth ma's character's is a bit weird though, it's like he's always very serious when he's doing investigation all of a sudden turns around & acts like a child when he's with the wifey.. what gives?

#6 zack55555, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  7. shingster

shingster Member

Does anyone know who plays the Tin Kei agency's other female constable ?

The one who works for Kenneth s old friend

She reminds me of Natalie Tong but i don't think thats her

8. Aurora Li 李君妍

shes in many series(kei lei fei) but this seems to be a bigger role than she usually get hehe

9. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

I predict Selena Li's first character dies, probably at the hands of evil Selena

I admit, I love the Selena and Kenneth pairing but I think Selena's performance so far is a little bit exaggerated. I wish to see a stronger performance from her later on in the series and see Kenneth's character turn 180 degrees from gentle to someone more cunning and more vengeful

Definitely not impressed by Lin Xia Wei's performance...find it extremely bad, and Candy Chang's

10. PBPsti

PBPsti Well-Known Member

^agree to the fullest. ray's cus is just too fail...

11. Candy is good in this considering this is her 2nd or third series? I see great improvement in Chinese and acting :)

didn't know shes from Toronto...always thought Vancouver Heh.

12. shingster

shingster Member

I agree with you

Though this is just her second series I think her acting has improved a lot. Still some room for improvement but she is getting there.

People need to understand that there is no such thing as a instant actress and it takes many years for an actress to be able to act normally.

13. xaznxryux

is it just me, or evil Selena looks like a cosplay of Dynasty Warriors' Diao Chan

14. xaznxryux

AH HA!, I KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO PULL THE LONG LOST SISTER CARD FROM THE LEGENDARY FOUR ACES!

lol

15. GinsengPwr

GinsengPwr New Member

Very good series! Ending was great. Enjoyed every moment of this series!! :)

#15 GinsengPwr, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  16. peace

peace Active Member

Nice serie, like power chan role's there!