Getting wisdom teeth removed

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by 3liminator, Jul 30, 2011.

1. 3liminator

3liminator Well-Known Member

I was wondering how does it feel to come out of IV sedation? I heard that some people are groggy after sedated. Anyone been sedated before?

2. KingPin

KingPin Well-Known Member

I had to go into hospital to have 4 of wisdom teeth removed and yes you do feel a little groggy, no big deal. The worst bit was when i threw up blood, due to the fluids that had flowed into my stomach during the operation.

3. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i had 3 of mine pulled out, but i didn't need the sedation. the only pain came from the shots. my friends have said coming out of sedation, you just feel a bit exhausted and tired, but nothing serious.

4. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Getting your wisdom tooth removed makes you dumber.

5. sean222

sean222 Well-Known Member

wow, i had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out at the same time and i was awake the whole time.

6. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

Everyone's experience coming out of the IV sedation is different. I personally had a shitty time, I was nausious for a good 12 hours. But that's just me.

7. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

I had 4 removed too, slept for a few hrs in hospital, then it was okay, just the swollen face the next few days

8. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i got raped by 3 female nurse under anesthesia

9. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

It's a very individualized response, and can vary with the type of sedative used (usually short acting agents for these types of procedures; otherwise referred to as 'conscious' sedation). Some are mild amnesiacs, where you probably won't remember much, even though you won't be put completely unconscious. Most people just feel a bit lightheaded and drowsy for a short while. Depending on the dose, the degree of drowsiness varies, but the idea is to not let the patient fall asleep; just to get them so drowsy that they're not fully aware while the procedure is being done. In the recovery phase, you'll have your blood pressure and oxygenation monitored for about one to two hours afterwards; you can be discharged once you're fully awake. You're generally asked to have someone else drive you home.

Insofar as wisdom teeth, some people have real problems with them. I was lucky in that mine never bothered me.

10. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Just hit the Tylenol 3's after and you're all good.

11. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

sounds like a dental orgy fantasy you have there, you sure u werent hallucinating that 3 guys were 3 members of big bang and then ur love for big bang made you think they have vaginas and boobs? :trollface2:

12. strength 90
    dexterity 45
    intelligence 32 -4

13. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

should be strength 90
    dex 45
    intelligence 30-4
    wisdom 4 -4

:trollface2:

14. ao_xxx

ao_xxx Well-Known Member

I did it. It was easy as i I got all 4 out at the time. If I had done it in a dentist surgery I would have only donw 2 at a time. Get it over and done with.

15. kevin

kevin RAWR!

lol...yeah it do hence why it's called wisdom tooth, every single one represents your wisdom :trollface:

16. Sande

Sande Member

When I got the IV sedation, it felt feel like there was something filling up my lungs and then i started to cough, then passed out. Wake up and it was all done! Worst part was the recovering part, couldn't eat or drink anything for a whole week so i ended up having to go back to get a liquid IV, but that was from the T3 and Motrin.

17. sara

sara Well-Known Member

yes you will feel groggy. Can't eat solid foods or hot foods for awhile. they are going to give you prescription pain meds for in case you need it. try not to use it and use regular pain meds if you can. if you have pain you will feel it more at night time. after a day or two you will feel better.

18. hktthktt

hktthktt New Member

I only got a few penicillin shots. The extraction was painless, the recovery was painful. Had to use ice packs to soothe my swollen face. the pain goes away after a few days.

19. reno

reno Well-Known Member

u can always "man up" and eat normal foods the day after
    it's a struggle, but doable =P

and even more "fun" wen the anaesthetic hasn't worn off
    can't feel where or what you're biting =P